Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEAT in the Golden Era

I guess it was a God-given right. Could an American survive being a vegetarian in those days?

meat46txt.jpg

wil55bbq.jpg

meat47hands01.jpg

sos52bbq.jpg

meat45can01b.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Veronica Parra said:
Did you see the recipe for SPAM "grilled in butter and pineapple juice, then simmered in barbecue sauce"?

And how about the franks wrapped in bacon and VELVEETA processed cheese?

:confused: :(

Mmmmmm, Spam. I might have to try that...

We used to make those hot dogs with cheese and bacon, too. See? We were right all along!

My grandfather used to do this one every Saturday. We used to have about 13 people over every Saturday for meat, meat and more meat. Now that the family simply encompasses my wife and I it has been a while since I got out the BBQ spit. They are still there and neatly wrapped in aluminum foil but haven't been used in at least 13 years.
I am going to do it after all this damned rain stops. You're all invited. ;) :p This will be me:
sos52bbq.jpg

mmmm mmmmm meat.

Regards to all,

J

Baggers

Practically Family
Mojave Jack said:
Mmmmmm, Spam. I might have to try that...

We used to make those hot dogs with cheese and bacon, too. See? We were right all along!

Yeah, and we haven't died yet either.

They remind me of a recipe I thought I saw while my wife was watching the Food Network, "Lard Fried in Butter." HooWEE! Now there's some good eatin', dontcha know.

Later ya'll!!

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Baggers said:
Yeah, and we haven't died yet either.

They remind me of a recipe I thought I saw while my wife was watching the Food Network, "Lard Fried in Butter." HooWEE! Now there's some good eatin', dontcha know.

Later ya'll!!

Yumm! Sounds a lot like fatback! Fried fat, with a side of fat. Little grits with more butter on the side...

Mojave Jack said:
Yumm! Sounds a lot like fatback! Fried fat, with a side of fat. Little grits with more butter on the side...

Holy Crimony! I think I just fed that to the dog! Now that you put it int hat context, I hope old Samantha doesn't have a heart attack. :p ;)
Actually I get a bigger laugh out of people when I am at the supermarket now. They buy cottage cheese and yogurt. Great Grandfather used to feed that stuff to the pigs! Mark me down in the "no thanks" column for that. :eek: ;)

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy