Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

freebird

Practically Family
MissS said:
Oh dear. I'm only 5'5" (maybe 5'4", but I'm claiming the extra inch cause so much of me is bent over as feet) - I guess that puts me out of the running. *sobs*

That's ok, I'm only 5 61/2, used to be 5 7 but lost a half inch in the accident.
It's not how tall or short you are that matters.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
My black and grey attire matched the clouds outside my office, and I contemplated for the thousandth time packing it in and leaving this cold city for good. I heard the elevator pass my floor yet again and tried to remember the sound of footsteps approaching my door. I touched the edge of my finger to my lips and recalled the feel of your warm mouth against mine, and just then I caught my reflection in the glass of your picture frame. Did you leave because of the dark clouds in the sky, or was it the dark clouds in my heart?

14309435961.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissS said:
Oh dear. I'm only 5'5" (maybe 5'4", but I'm claiming the extra inch cause so much of me is bent over as feet) - I guess that puts me out of the running. *sobs*

what? and here I thought I was taller than you, I guess it is because you are so petite.. stand next to me and you will feel tall as an amazon (I am 5'2)

freebird

Practically Family
Darhling said:
what? and here I thought I was taller than you, I guess it is because you are so petite.. stand next to me and you will feel tall as an amazon (I am 5'2)

Darhling, MissS, it's ok, beautiful is beautiful no matter the height.
:D

Maguire

Practically Family
Gaige said:
Diamondback.... y'know what? I'll confess something:

I'm all of 5'6" or so.

2 of my longest relationships were with women who were, 1. 5'11", and 2. 5'9"

I've never had an issue with it. I'm a bit taller than my dad and my mom's all of 5'1".

My dad was a Deputy. I was a U.S. Marine and now a Police Officer.

Height doesn't mean poop. It's all about attitude. :)
I'd have to disagree- while it may be true in reality, look at craigslist singles adds for proof otherwise. 4'5 women seeking AT LEAST 6'5 men and "no short guys" on half of them. If they've got a choice between an attractive, successful short guy (or even an average height like 5'6) or an 6'5 ex con with not much going for him, I'd say the lions' share would choose the latter.

It's a bit silly but the truth in my extensive experience.

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Maguire said:
I'd have to disagree- while it may be true in reality, look at craigslist singles adds for proof otherwise. 4'5 women seeking AT LEAST 6'5 men and "no short guys" on half of them. If they've got a choice between an attractive, successful short guy (or even an average height like 5'6) or an 6'5 ex con with not much going for him, I'd say the lions' share would choose the latter.

I've never looked at a single's add on craigslist, and I've no plans on it. :)

My point was simply that in my experience, I've never had height be an issue in any endeavor I've undertaken. If those adds read that way, then, obviously those are folks who are far too fickle and shallow; who'd want anything to do with someone of that ilk anyways? lol

Another point was also to let Diamondback know he isn't alone, and quite frankly, has nothing to be concerned about.

MissS

A-List Customer
Slim Portly said:
My black and grey attire matched the clouds outside my office, and I contemplated for the thousandth time packing it in and leaving this cold city for good. I heard the elevator pass my floor yet again and tried to remember the sound of footsteps approaching my door. I touched the edge of my finger to my lips and recalled the feel of your warm mouth against mine, and just then I caught my reflection in the glass of your picture frame. Did you leave because of the dark clouds in the sky, or was it the dark clouds in my heart?

14309435961.jpg

Damn you make me laugh!

MissS

A-List Customer
Darhling said:

We'll still make a fabulous pair! Tho I can't promise to wear lower heels when we finally do meet...I'm as attached to mine as you are to yours!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Maguire said:

I've never looked at Craigslist for personals, and gave up on personals many years ago, but this is true in my experience, as well. I've seen many such ads. Never responded to a one.

Here's a true story: For years, I was friends with a wonderful woman who was 4'11.5": top of her head is level with my shoulders. We had a lot on common; sense of humor, values, interests, etc. I wanted to date her, but she didn't want to date me - just friends. I'm 5'8". Now she's going to marry my brother, who is similar to me in many ways, but still different. He's 6'2".

I also used to know a woman who stood 5'2" and was dating (and wanted to marry) a man of 6'6".

Lee

Go figure! [huh]

MissS said:
*Sigh* Uniform AND pipe!
Yeah, it's called "channeling 'St. Douglas of Bataan'"--now if only I could find an operating Higgins boat to go for the "walk on water" too... lol

Gaige et al, like I said the short-stuff's tongue-in-cheek, and as you all noted it's the "presence"--remember, even though I'm the shortest of the Horsemen I'm still "The Guy In Charge"? (Last time we met up, Pestilence and Famine were around 6'1, War around 5'8" to 6-even.) Thanks for the encouraging thoughts all around.

Besides, when things progress to that stage, it means less time waiting for a kiss, as compared to a taller guy making her wait while he bends over, and an easier time sweeping her off her feet--with me being closer to her center of gravity, it's thus easier for me to nudge the legs out from under her and then redirect her own natural combination of gravity plus inertia for the scoop-up... if I do the math right, the only "drop" she should do is right into my arms.;)

Besides, while it means less coverage as a "meat-shield" if things get ugly, it also makes me a smaller target once she's bugging out and I take the counteroffensive to the threat, and thus gives me a better chance of coming home to her afterward... (sorry, this **** tactical-computer I have to share my brain with keeps butting in...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy