Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

freebird

Practically Family
Darhling said:
Panache, you look great in a kilt!! (I hope we can see more fellas exploring that dresscode).

Ain't me babe. I don't think a short, fat, one eyed guy would look good in a kilt.....I'm more the Rooster Cogburn body type, jeans, a hat, maybe a vest and boots. Imagine John Wayne in a kilt. :eek:

Panache

A-List Customer
Pip and Darhling, thanks for the nice comments!

pgoat, I haven't watched the original Wickerman movie but the couple of images I have seen of Christopher Lee from it looked like he was wearing daywear with a turtleneck like this

DSC00473.jpg

I posted a few other kilted outfits in Edward's highland Dress thread here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=29874

Cheers

Jamie

pgoat

One Too Many
Precisely - more tweed and kilt; but the interior of his manor house had a piano and what not....hence the association on my part.

Great flick btw, creepy but much better than the typical horror flick imo.

Pip

A-List Customer
Well here's my entry for today from the WW2 uniform collection, have gone for a distinctly summery theme.

Warning though.....nasty leg alert on my photos...this is what skiing and the British weather does to them lol

Anyhoo, the uniform. The uniform shown is that of Polish Air Force whilst serving in North Africa in 1942/1943. Typically known as KD (khaki drill) it incorporates a traditionally styled 'bush jacket' and a British design disaster known as 'Bombay Bloomers'...shorts with a masive turn up that could be rolled down into bell-bottomed trousers in the cold North African evenings.

The majority of troops despised Bombay Bloomers, so quite simply cut them down into normal shorts. Pracitcal in application...totally lacking in style however lol !!!

The sunglasses are RAF issue sunglasses, incorporating a leather side-sheild to protect the eyes from desert sand and dust.

The boots are the 1936 pattern flying boots, a boot that has become part of the quintessential "RAF look" from WW2.

DAFReenact023.jpg

DAFReenact051.jpg

Tootle pip!

Pip

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Two Gun Bob said:
I suppose you want it photographed like 'Calendar Girls', with fedoras and heaters strategically placed, sister? :eek: :eek: :eek:

no no, just very manly and well dressed pics imo.. can we get these calendars personalized, as in we can choose our own men for each month?!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Two Gun Bob said:
I suppose you want it photographed like 'Calendar Girls', with fedoras and heaters strategically placed, sister? :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol

I was thinking more along the lines of something rather more dashing and modest than that!....... the pics are just fine the way they are !!

zaika

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
I'm afraid I'm out too. Some of these younger boys can hold up to the female eye better than myself. :rolleyes:

Buy ya a beer, Freebird?

Richard

i'm a bit late in replying, but saw it and wanted to....

this is EXACTLY how i feel in the ladies of the lounge thread!!! just see page 172. the crickets were loud that day. [huh]

but honestly??...most men seem to get sexier as they age. that's been my observation. especially here on the lounge. everyone, and i mean this sincerely, everyone looks so great in their suits and hats...and just in general. so freebird...locktown...i hope you keep posting pics.

freebird

Practically Family
zaika said:
i'm a bit late in replying, but saw it and wanted to....

this is EXACTLY how i feel in the ladies of the lounge thread!!! just see page 172. the crickets were loud that day. [huh]

but honestly??...most men seem to get sexier as they age. that's been my observation. especially here on the lounge. everyone, and i mean this sincerely, everyone looks so great in their suits and hats...and just in general. so freebird...locktown...i hope you keep posting pics.

You certainly have no reason to quit posting. I for one think you're a doll.
Me, you see one pic, you've seen 'em all Not too many poses a one eyed fat man can do, especially without the proper outfits. (Notice I'm usually wearing a Hawaiian shirt), and it's too darned hot in Oklahoma to wear much else.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
zaika said:

Well said Zaika. I like my men to be almost as vintage as my clothes! Nothing beyond circa 1950's for me.............;)

BTW you are so beautiful Zaika, don't you dare stop posting in the Ladies of the Lounge thread!!

zaika

One Too Many
TessTrueheart said:
I think most people get sexier as they age and become more comfortable with who they are.

that's very true, tess. very true. as i get older, it becomes more obvious to me that confidence is sexy. now i need to get me some! ;)

freebird

Practically Family
zaika said:
that's very true, tess. very true. as i get older, it becomes more obvious to me that confidence is sexy. now i need to get me some! ;)

If you find a source where it's cheap, let me know, I could use a case of it. ;)

zaika

One Too Many
freebird said:
You certainly have no reason to quit posting. I for one think you're a doll.
Me, you see one pic, you've seen 'em all Not too many poses a one eyed fat man can do, especially without the proper outfits. (Notice I'm usually wearing a Hawaiian shirt), and it's too darned hot in Oklahoma to wear much else.

lol. much appreciated.

but even if all you do is post pics of yourself in different HATS, it's still great to see. hawaiin shirts and all. besides...you have a fan club, you know. you don't want to dissapoint them, do you? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot