Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

Technonut

Practically Family
At a Lounge get-together this evening.... :)

StetRoyaFLl005.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
SamMarlowPI said:
was this a vintage get together on a train?? i want to participate!
This was a living history event at the Rairoad Museum of Pennsylvania with the Strasburg Railroad (located across the street) running troop trains on the half-hour. Reenactors were aboard the trains to interact with the general public. Our group (Kilroy's Homefront Commandos) has taken the train rides a step farther, in creating a bit of '40s style entertainment on board. We put some Railroad Police on board, sometimes to help the MPs guard the German POW, but usually to find a "Fifth Columnist / Saboteur" that we also placed on board. In fact, our saboteur just happened to be that young lady the German was seated with. She had two packages of "high explosives" and a gun in her train case. We would go along all cars, questioning people as we searched for the saboteur. We would involve as much of the general public as we could. It was all light-hearted banter as well, usually leaving the public laughing as we went through. All in all, a very fun time. Here's a shot of German POW interacting with the public.
Trains2007018.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KilroyCD said:
Yes, as a matter of fact I did. Seems there was this German POW on board...(TeeKay44 to us Loungers)

...he was getting a little too fresh with that young lady.

A jack-booted stud? :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
KilroyCD said:
Yes, as a matter of fact I did. Seems there was this German POW on board...(TeeKay44 to us Loungers)
Trains2007013.jpg

...he was getting a little too fresh with that young lady.

I love this picture--too funny. Is the gal a Lounger? She looks amazing, but I especially want those beautiful shoes she has on (looks like she had tiny feet; bet she's got an amazing shoe collection).

KilroyCD

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
I love this picture--too funny. Is the gal a Lounger? She looks amazing, but I especially want those beautiful shoes she has on (looks like she had tiny feet; bet she's got an amazing shoe collection).
Unfortunately the gal (Samantha) is only a lurker on the Lounge. She only has a Hotmail address. Sam would laugh about the shoe size comment - she says her feet are boats! lol She does have quite a shoe collection, I'm told.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Kilroy, This looks like a wonderful event. Please let us know the next time you have a reenactment scheduled. It's a bit far from TX but some folks in the NE may be interested. Great photos. Carter :eusa_clap

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
:p
KilroyCD said:
Here I am again, this time with our "saboteur". She tried her best to convince me that she was not guilty...
IMAG0022.jpg

Not quilty of what? ;) :D

A wonderful series of photos, Kilroy! Looks like a good time was had by all. Yet another reason for me to want to visit PA again; I haven't been tehre since 2001.

Lee

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Badluck Brody said:
Infact, if folks know of a Golden Era reenactment, they should not only post the info, but also a contact person for wrangling extras...
In fact, Trains and Troops was listed in the events section. However, this event has made me think that the Strasburg Railroad might be a good place to have a Fedora Lounge event. What do our fellow Loungers think?

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Events

I would personally love to see more shots of the rest of the site... As a reformed commercial photographer, I could probably spend the day just shooting "the big goodbye" shots with various GIs and ladies... But if there's other buildings and we can bring in one of the local Vintage wheel clubs... That's when you start cooking with gas, my friend!!

Anyone have any pics of the rest of the site??? Possibly a website??

I would also start snooping around to find a contact point and see if there would be a charge for use of the site and if there are any restrictions we might face. Camping on site or local lodging is a definate plus!!

Keep us posted

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Badluck Brody said:
I would personally love to see more shots of the rest of the site... As a reformed commercial photographer, I could probably spend the day just shooting "the big goodbye" shots with various GIs and ladies... But if there's other buildings and we can bring in one of the local Vintage wheel clubs... That's when you start cooking with gas, my friend!!

Anyone have any pics of the rest of the site??? Possibly a website??

I would also start snooping around to find a contact point and see if there would be a charge for use of the site and if there are any restrictions we might face. Camping on site or local lodging is a definate plus!!

Keep us posted
I have several links for you. First, here's a link to my Photobucket page of shots from the event. Sadly, I didn't take many... http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z21/KilroyCD/Living History/
Next is the Photobucket page of my friend's photos of the event. This one has more shots, including those taken inside the train: http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee108/Baytiques/WW2 Living History/?start=all
Next is the Strasburg Railroad's website: http://www.strasburgrailroad.com/
Lastly, the Railroad Museum of PA, which held the event in conjunction with the Strasburg RR: http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Badluck Brody said:
Good Pics!

I have to say, the use the bikes as props...Excellent choice!!

I saw they mentioned there saw a dance or something to that effect??
The bikes as props are a natural for me, I have around 26 vintage bikes in my collection. On Saturday night they do hold a big band concert / dance at the museum. It's always a part of the event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24