Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

Nashoba

One Too Many
indycop said:
I like this pic, makes me think of Tennessee.:)

:eek:fftopic: You'd want the fire too. We got snow yesterday. It was really cold and we had the back door off the frame most of the day replacing it. I had the fire roaring midafternoon.

I love the pic BigMan. I think the other comments about it looking like a painting are pretty dead on. Looks fantastic.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
I like this pic, makes me think of Tennessee.:)

I've spent some good times sitting by the fire in Tennessee. Mostly it's been at Mansker's Station just above Nashboro.

Big Man

Marlowe said:
I agree about this photo... Makes me think that there is a banjo, fiddle or story in the corner about to come out

When the children and grandchildren get together with me around the fire there's always a story or two to be told.

Big Man

Nashoba said:
:eek:fftopic: You'd want the fire too. We got snow yesterday. It was really cold and we had the back door off the frame most of the day replacing it. I had the fire roaring midafternoon.

I love the pic BigMan. I think the other comments about it looking like a painting are pretty dead on. Looks fantastic.

We didn't get any snow, but it's cold here, too.

Thanks (to all) on the comments about the picture. It was just one of those snap shots - nothing set up or planed. Funny how those kinds of shots can end up to be a really good picture.

Rooster

Practically Family
Big Man said:
I've spent some good times sitting by the fire in Tennessee. Mostly it's been at Mansker's Station just above Nashboro.
I haven't been there in years, how about you?

Big Man

Rooster said:
I haven't been there in years, how about you?

Same here. While Steve Marshall was there I attended every year. After Steve left, I went about three more years, then finally decided it wasn't for me any more. Too bad, because I really enjoyed the place and getting to see everyone.

pgoat

One Too Many
Blackjack said:
drums2.jpg

cool drum kit! How old is it? 40s? is that a calf bass head?

carter

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
Taken today after New Year's day dinner. All the children and grandchildren got together today. It is cold today and the wind is blowing, so I got up close to the fire to get warm and relax a while.

WFBIIINewYears2008a.jpg

Looks like home. I need to move back to Virginia. :)

Blackjack

One Too Many
pgoat said:
cool drum kit! How old is it? 40s? is that a calf bass head?

Thanks- Actually I rebuilt it top to bottom to look like a 40's Bomber kit. I'd been waiting years for someone to pop out a vintage aged mother of pearl wrap, and fortunately for me they did right about the time my kit got washed out in a flood. the heads are Remo fiberskyns.

Edward

Bartender
A couple of shots I had taken last night. It was really the hat I was having photographed: it's the first bash I've ever done myself, my first open crown hat. An Akubra Federation Deluxe in dark brown and my attempt at a Raiders bash. The a shirt is just what I happened to have on (I was working round the flat all afternoon, so the tweed jacket, waistcoat, cravat, shirt and cufflinks had all long gone by late evening when these were taken).

The better shot of the hat:

013.jpg

Another, with only one chin this time:

014.jpg

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Edward said:
A couple of shots I had taken last night. It was really the hat I was having photographed: it's the first bash I've ever done myself, my first open crown hat. An Akubra Federation Deluxe in dark brown and my attempt at a Raiders bash. The a shirt is just what I happened to have on (I was working round the flat all afternoon, so the tweed jacket, waistcoat, cravat, shirt and cufflinks had all long gone by late evening when these were taken).

The better shot of the hat:

013.jpg

Another, with only one chin this time:

014.jpg

*swoon*

Samantha

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
To all Edward fans out there...

I was honoured to have his company the night before I left for LA, and he's a very mild mannered, well spoken man from the north of Ireland, with the full range of wonderful musical lilts that this accent apparently has!!

If you 'like' him in the photos, then you'll ADORE him in person. Great company and great 'craic' for an evening out in Olde London Town!!

(photo with Baron and Baroness Kurtz).

IMG_4050.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I was wondering how long it would take my Fed to shrink to fit.... with responses like these, it's more likely my head will gorw to fit it! lol

megagene

New in Town
Here are a couple of recently taken photos of me.

This first one was taken on New Years at a cottage party:

n610380423_1907755_8884.jpg

And this one is just a random shot taken with my crappy cell phone:

69.jpg

My mother is always nagging me to shave and get a haircut. :( I'll do it when I'm good and ready! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran