Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

freebird

Practically Family
me2.jpg
kd5afe.jpg

these were taken a few years back................... we. now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast of normal hunks

pgoat

One Too Many
freebird said:
me2.jpg
kd5afe.jpg

these were taken a few years back................... we. now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast of normal hunks
I like that beard/moustache combo; I have tried it myself but my moustache is bit too wimpy to pull it off....

freebird

Practically Family
pgoat said:
I like that beard/moustache combo; I have tried it myself but my moustache is bit too wimpy to pull it off....

Thanks, it does take some time to grow one. I had a small accident <ahem> with my straight razor and the stash is no more...I'm in the process of growing it back. My stashe is thin also, did you try using moustache wax? The Pinaud Clubman wax (Sally''s Beauty Supply has it) is what I use. I carried a small tin of Oregon Wild Hair wax, an ebay purchase,that was a tad stiffer as well.

pils

New in Town
I just thought I would add this one of me. Not vintage, but probably as close as I will ever come.

IMG_1239_resize-1.jpg

Its in the hats section too, but I hope it won't be considered a double post [huh]

/Niels

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
retrogirl1941 said:
I love this photo of you Big man! I think I know why I like all of your photos; because most of them look like older photos that people during the golden era took. Just generic snapshots, not really a whole lot of posing. Good job!

Samantha

Thank you very much.

Big Man

PADDY said:
If ever a hat was made for 'you,' then 'that' is THE ONE!!:eusa_clap It is just totally in balance with your features...absolutely 'sterling' hat on a 'sterling' gent!!

Thanks. I really like that hat. Art did a great job making it as close as possible to the one my grandfather had in 1928. I never expected it would "fit" the way id did. Of course I knew it would fit size wise, but the overall "fit" of crown height, brim width, etc. is what I'm so surprised all seemed to fall into place just right.

And what makes it all really special is knowing that my grandfather stood in the same spot with his hat in 1928 that I'm standing in today with my hat (same house).

DW Evans

New in Town
Back when I watched television I always enjoyed the intro to a show called, Cheers. Anyways, just shy of it coming to the final scene of the introduction there would be an image of a gentlemen holding up a glass with a slight tilt to his brim and a suave look on his face. He always stuck out in my mind because he seemed to be on cloud nine. Long story short, here's me and my feeble attempt at recreating that pose.

leancroppedqn2.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
Aviator said:
That is a sweeeeet hat. And you look in that photo like you are going to go kick in some doors with Russel Crowe in "LA Confidential".

Thanks for the complement, I just can't seem to smile when I take pictures of myself, I feel like a idiot. lol

Big Man

PADDY said:
These gents would look at ease in LA Confidential or Mulholland Falls. This is the 'Hat Squad!' and looking sharp!! :)

It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it ...

pgoat

One Too Many
GWD said:
web.jpg

Sorry, I ain't no Quigley, but there are four of me!!
This is another one that strikes me as a great old BW film still suddenly alive in modern colors. fwiw I like your avatar stingy just fine but this wider brim looks best on you.

Is that a custom? That color is amazing!

Aviator

Familiar Face
I agree about those

These gents would look at ease in LA Confidential or Mulholland Falls. This is the 'Hat Squad!' and looking sharp!!
You could be halfway through a screenplay looking at those pics...I see:

The Mayor who is leaning on the DA's office to clean up the streets
The good and honorable asst DA in the shadows of the window, trying to take down the kingpin (I see his wife pregnant at home, and maybe a few cute kids)
The local crime bosses favorite enforcer in a brown whippet (he has started having a moral crises of sorts, with all of the stuff he has been doing)
The young nephew of the crime boss about to get involved in something ugly, and learn it's not just cops and robbers (he has a new girlfriend, BTW, who doesn't know what he does but worries about him), and lastly
The shadowy crime boss, who is pulling the strings...and may just have a relationship with the Mayor that will be revealed in the third act!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo