Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men/Would you wear these pants?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
40880951.jpg

I have patchwork madras bermudas, but that's as far as I'll go.
Being 39 and holding, and somewhat waistologically challenged, I won't even tuck anything into them.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
Nor would I. It's argyle.

photo.jpg

I could see wearing argyle pants, though my friends would certainly kid me. I like to think petite women can get away with silly pants. With a quiet cream shirt it could be cute I think.

I think I'd prefer slightly less saturated colours though.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"You say Plaid I say Check Oxford bags were all the rage in the early 1970's, I have a photograph of myself in a suit in raspberry and lavender, wearing Black and silver platform boots and a Ziggy Stardust hair cut, do i need to post a poll to see if it should be displayed in these hallowed portals?

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
He's on the golf course. It gets hot. And as we all know, some colors and patterns attract heat, some reflect heat, and some make heat run away in a screaming, white hot terror, shielding its smoldering eyes.

It's just incidental that people react much the same way.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
BinkieBaumont said:
"You say Plaid I say Check Oxford bags were all the rage in the early 1970's, I have a photograph of myself in a suit in raspberry and lavender, wearing Black and silver platform boots and a Ziggy Stardust hair cut, do i need to post a poll to see if it should be displayed in these hallowed portals?

No poll - just post please!

Warbaby

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
I have a photograph of myself in a suit in raspberry and lavender, wearing Black and silver platform boots and a Ziggy Stardust hair cut, do i need to post a poll to see if it should be displayed in these hallowed portals?

Having whetted our collective appetites with that description, you simply must post the photo.

I wore similar outfits in the 70s, but mercifully no photographic records exist.

Chas

One Too Many
Golf has always been anti-fashion. Ever since plus eights and fours went out, anyway.

I always know when I am touching anything '70s. I can go through racks and racks of vintage shirts or jackets, and whenever I touch a 70's poly or poly blend I feel immediate involuntary revulsion, like I just stuck my hand into warm dog poop on a hot summer day.

Enough of a visual for you?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Diamond patterned clothing has always been popular in golf (I've played since I could walk and before that I was strapped on my dads golfbag like a koala). Normally golf clothing is quite dull or conservative so I think it is fun he's wearing that. If I still played tournaments I would definitly ask sponsors to give me unusual clothing. So I guess my answer is yes.

celtic

A-List Customer
Fletch said:
40880951.jpg

I have patchwork madras bermudas, but that's as far as I'll go.
Being 39 and holding, and somewhat waistologically challenged, I won't even tuck anything into them.

+1

i might wear similar pajamas around the house, but I wouldn't be seen in them past my driveway walking out to get my paper.

i'm sure the neighbors already think i'm cracked because of some of the things i wear around the house...

but all of his pants are too far out for me to wear in public..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner