Men's DRESS BOOTS to suit all budgets.

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by PADDY, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

2. highway66blues

highway66blues One of the Regulars

I just bought a pair of these :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009E3V788/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Price fit my budget and after a days wear,I am pleased with them.
    My new everyday boots.

Originally saw and wanted these :

http://www.amazon.com/JD-Fisk-Nevan...qid=1375208045&sr=1-12&keywords=jd+fisk+ankle
    but weren't available in my size

These were :

http://www.amazon.com/JD-Fisk-Nelso...olid=11PX61DYM8HH9&coliid=IIAJVBCGXOE7O&psc=1

when I saw them but the price went from just about $60 when I found them to what they stand at now by the time I actually had money to want to buy them

3. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne My Mail is Forwarded Here

I saw earlier today that Allen Edmonds is now offering the Dalton in black as well as borbon. The black is seasonal though.

4. esteban68

esteban68 Call Me a Cab

Got these yesterday, NOS and maker unknown but British made, they have a few storage marks and have possibly been tried on a couple of times, not sure of age but there are canvas/cotton liners in the toe area,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. esteban68

esteban68 Call Me a Cab

a few more detail shots,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

Nice find! You've got yourself a classic pair of paddock boots.

7. esteban68

esteban68 Call Me a Cab

ah! that's what they are, I wasn't sure if they were a 'work boot'...sadly AC they're far too small for my feet but you know how it is you just have to save these things!

8. skbellis

skbellis One of the Regulars

9. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

That would depend on ones definition of value I suppose. For me it begins with a quality product and those boots are not that. They are a waste of money at any price, IMO. By paitently working the sales, eBay and such you can find much higher quality for just a little more money.

10. The Wiser Hatter

The Wiser Hatter I'll Lock Up

11. Pinhead

Pinhead One of the Regulars

They might be perfect for me. I'm not much of a dress shoe guy (let's talk work boots!), but I've taken a quick fancy to those. They'll be perfect for the infrequent forays I have to make to our corporate office; a touch above the muddy boots or the (clean and new looking) steel-toed tennis shoes I usually wear. I'll be checking in the stores as I come across them during my travels.

12. GWD

GWD One Too Many

Hello all, I'm interested in purchasing a pair of Allen Edmonds Dalton dress boots. I've read these tend to run a bit small. Has anyone had any experience with this boot?

Thanks!

13. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

14. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

I wear a 12 a or b width, got mine in 12 b and they seem fine to me as far as size. I also got a pair of the Longbranch model, same styling, but vibragm sole and 3 speed lace hooks at top of boot. Both are extremely comfortable.

15. JonnyO

JonnyO A-List Customer

Anyone have experience with Johnston & Murphy boots?

16. JonnyO

JonnyO A-List Customer

After seeing that the Stafford boots were on sale along with JC Penny's Black Friday sale, I decided to pick up a pair.

Here's what they looked like out of the box.
    [​IMG]

First impression was that they had potential. I finally got around to wearing them this past Saturday night/Sunday morning, during a snow storm. I walked through a few inches of snow on my way into the office and walked through about a foot on my way out. The finish didn't fair so well.
    [​IMG]

I was disappointed in how they looked after succumbing to snow/water. I decided to take some polish to them and I was able to restore the shine.
    [​IMG]

Besides the water damage, the leather is pretty stiff in the ankle area, but my thoughts are they're like a good pair of hockey skates, once you break them in you'll never buy another pair. Another flaw is the cut of the leather in the lace area, when tying them tight, the top two lace holes end up overlapping.

Overall, for $45, I guess I can't complain too much, especially since I wanted a pair just to establish if I'd like dress boots or not.

17. simonc

simonc Practically Family

18. countryclubjoe

countryclubjoe Banned

dress boots 001.jpg dress boots 003.jpg ONFIG]11605[/ATTACH]

Hi Folks

The black are Cole Haan.
    The cognac are AE

They both need a good polish, they served me well during the harsh winter months.. Now it is time to break out the oxfords.

Best regards.

Attached Files:

19. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne My Mail is Forwarded Here

Allen Edmonds Long Branch boots are now available in black.

20. LuvMyMan

LuvMyMan Vendor

Leather conditioner......