Men's DRESS BOOTS to suit all budgets.

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by PADDY, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Lexybeast

Lexybeast A-List Customer

Paddy, got any more info on those cordovan Aldens?

2. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne My Mail is Forwarded Here

Paddy, I for one am glad you posted this thread. I prefer to wear anke boots instead of shoes. Now I have more options without having to go the custom route.

Thanx!!!
    Charlie

3. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Call Me a Cab

Oh, and by the way, Jose Albaladejo might be surprised to learn that Edward Green is getting credit for his lovely Carmina shell cordovan boots posted above!

4. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Call Me a Cab

According to the Allen Edmonds CEO, Paul Grangaard, AE is working on two new lace-up boots for next fall's collection.

Quote from the Ask Andy Forums:

I'm excited to see the bal boot. It's tantalizing to think we may finally have one available in the US under $700.

Anybody have any idea what the Titanic boots looked like?

5. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Call Me a Cab

Ron Rider of the Rider Boot Co. has a couple of nice dress boot options, and Ron has access to shell cordovan colors that I don't see anywhere else--Horween's #6, cognac, brandy, mahogani, navy. He even does scotch grain shell cordovan, although a scotch grain dress boot would be a terrible mix-up.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Motorcycle

Wow, those last two pair of boots are as good looking as you get! I am trying to find a new summer boot for my motorcycles. I was wearing Converse, but the chopper crowd sent there prices through the roof, then I was wearing basketball high tops, NBA did those in. If I am going to pay $100 plus for something to wear on my bike, minaswell be leather and stylish! Plus, I am trying to get away from the black gang look! Getting to old for that nonsense, brown always looks good, and lets you stand out in a sea of black leather.

7. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Call Me a Cab

I'm fairly certain that you could buy multiple pairs of Converse or basketball shoes for what one pair of Rider boots will set you back. :(

8. volatile

volatile A-List Customer

You could buy a car for what one pair of these boots will set you back!

"Price: $1,095.00"

9. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Motorcycle

I should have worded that a little better! I know how much good boots run, bought my first pair of the classic engineer boots back in the 60s, and I have had to many different boots since. I was just saying, it is not worth $40 plus some insoles for my old feet for some cheep canvas that will wear out in a couple of years! That, and I do not like being to in stile, I like being a little out of step with the rest of the world! I have noticed, there are boots on this thread for almost any budget.

10. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne My Mail is Forwarded Here

11. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Motorcycle

Now we are talking! I like the look, and the price! Just think, two pairs of Converse sneakers and some good insoles, and you are almost up to the price of these boots, maybe past! Thanks for the great leads, all are book marked now!

12. hboogz

hboogz New in Town

Firstly, I can't thank the OP enough for not only creating this thread but for the amount of research put forth.

I'm surprised I haven't seen the Wolverine 1000 mile boot listed here.

Personally, i'd love to get my hands on these boots by Julian. Who, evidently, is partyl? responsible for the RRL cats paw bad boys listed earlier.

[​IMG]

13. Don't be surprised. The thread's title is, "Men's DRESS BOOTS ..." Wolverine 1000 mile boots aren't dress boots.

14. hboogz

hboogz New in Town

Technically, you're right. But the below can be considered in the same class as the 1000 mile boot and to some the definition and/or description of a "Dress Boot" may be relative to their lifestyle.

[​IMG]

15. Mysterious Mose

Mysterious Mose Practically Family

16. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

High Fashion

I had to laugh when reminded that the title of this thread is "Men's DRESS BOOTS ...". After I was advised on a few sights to look up, I decided to search Google, I put in Men's Dress High Top Boots. Well, some of you have probably already guessed what came up, Converse! Who would have ever thought that one of the cheapest brands would become High Dollar and High Fashion, go figure!

17. Mysterious Mose

Your Google's broken. I found these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ;)

18. Mysterious Mose

Dress boots on a suit budget...

I went searching for Paddy's amazing Grenson "Mike Sullivans" and found another picture of the Rag and Bone x Grensons he posted. They're pretty similar to the "M.S.'s", more eyelets, canvas sides, I know, but where Paddy's boots look totally authentic, these seem sorta phoney i.m.h.o. Opinions anybody?[huh] :
    [​IMG]