Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's DRESS BOOTS to suit all budgets.

illumin8em

A-List Customer
flat-top said:
William Lennon. Mysterious Mose pointed out that they were closest thing to the RRL boot, and I believe he's right!

How did you get such a big and detailed photo of the W/L boot? There are a pair of boots that I have been thinking about getting for sometime now, but they just don't give much info for things, and the pictures don't do much either

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone know where I can get laces like the ones on the RRL boot? Are they just WWII boot laces?
rrl-bowery-boot-03.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
sproily said:
Indeed but the quality is superb. The leather looks extremely thick and good quality. If I buy these I'd think I'd need to change the rubberband thingie.

And the chisel toe last is hard to find today. Maybe at Ed Green.

Sproily I would buy them and send them to RM Williams here in Australia to have the elastic sides replaced. I am sure they would do a special order in view of the vintage quality.

wintergreen

New in Town
Whilst they are not strictly dress boots I was still rather pleased to take delivery of these Grenson "chertsey" chukka boots earlier today. (if I have posted in the wrong thread please feel free to move).
Never having worn Grenson shoes before I ordered my usual size but think these seem to run maybe a half size bigger than Trickers and barkers.
DSCF0715.jpg

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
It strikes me that with its handsome saddle reinforcement, and the semi-fancy toe cap, the World War Two U.S. Army Type II Service Shoe has a certain amount of "dress boot" style to it:

us_boot_serv_shoe_main.jpg

Anybody wearing a pair polished up with a suit?

-Dave

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
David Conwill said:
the World War Two U.S. Army Type II Service Shoe has a certain amount of "dress boot" style to it:
I think that the open lacing would preclude its inclusion in the dress category.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
I think that the open lacing would preclude its inclusion in the dress category.

I guess I don’t understand. What is open lacing? How does the lacing on the service shoes differ from the lacing on the boots originally posted?

Sorry for my ignorance.

-Dave

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
David Conwill said:
It strikes me that with its handsome saddle reinforcement, and the semi-fancy toe cap, the World War Two U.S. Army Type II Service Shoe has a certain amount of "dress boot" style to it:

us_boot_serv_shoe_main.jpg

Anybody wearing a pair polished up with a suit?

-Dave
Ive been wearing mine with a suit, they are the at the front model, and good boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112