Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Underwear Basics: Underwear, Undershirts

luvthatlulu

Suspended
I was flown (WSO/EWO/GIB). I was at Eglin AFB in 1973-74 so I know some of the area well! Had the distinct pleasure of being "shot down" by a VF-84 Tomcat over the Gulf during routine joint-ACM training. Still have a bad taste for "navel a-vee-a-tors" for that reason--but have a healthy respect for them as well as they invariably kept the MiG drivers at bay while I worked in SE Asia.

You guys do a helluva job and if I had to choose between doing your job and fishing--it's fishing every time. Sorry for the misdrops but occasionally we get distracted by all the 27/37/57mm rounds rattling around in the airframe during our runs!:cheers1:

--Not the Lulu
<--That's the Lulu

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Man we are going off topic here. But during one exercise at Eglin we called in a Spectre on a night target: a couple shacks and some hulks. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life. A few whispering lights and some poofs and then everything was gone. We were just inside a tree line when we called in the strike. Everyone was stunned :eek:

After the strike the Flyboys banked our way and turned their searchlight right on us (talk about technology). Their smart-ass 6 came over the radio and said, "I see you!" I flipped him the bird and said, "now see this!" :D

oldmansit

New in Town
Jovan said:
No undies? Yikes! I'm afraid of what would happen.

I wonder who makes the issue ones, and if they're available as surplus...

The Marines still issue brown and tan underwear. You can buy them straight from the manufacturer: http://www.camapp.com/briefs.cgi

But for me I like boxers in the summer (keeps the boys cool) and boxerbriefs in the winter (keeps the boys warm).

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
$ally said:
This is my favorite thread ever.

Boys only $ally! :D

I looked at the link for the Marine Corps briefs. Shall we now start a debate about military colors?

Look at the under shirts found at the same link. I opine that what they call "Army brown" is actually "olive drab" (OD). And that what they call "OD Green" is actually "woodland green".

These are important matters to me, and these people just need to get it right! :rage:

M8 lol

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
slicedbread said:
Definitely boxer briefs...I'm quite active and am also prone to random bouts of backflips and dancing...Thus, boxers are not the way to go. Plus, I like the way they look.

I don't dance but agree with your assessment of the boxer brief. It feels like superhero underwear.

BRS

Jovan

Suspended
oldmansit said:
The Marines still issue brown and tan underwear. You can buy them straight from the manufacturer: http://www.camapp.com/briefs.cgi

But for me I like boxers in the summer (keeps the boys cool) and boxerbriefs in the winter (keeps the boys warm).
It's a shame they don't sell any flyless boxer briefs. I've been looking for some forever, but they always have a "pouch" feature, which I dislike. Of course, it's not nearly as bad as some of the monstrosities at International Male. :eusa_doh:

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
Men's underwear sources

I've worn boxers since middle school, but lately I've begun playing the pipe organ again. For those who don't know, organ technique requires that the organist sit with the knees and heels held tightly together, so that he can gauge intervals on the pedalboard. Because of this, I've discovered I need some more supportive underwear than I currently have.

I saw in some other threads that boxer-briefs have a following, and I wanted to ask for recommendations on makers and sellers.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Feng_Li said:
I've worn boxers since middle school, but lately I've begun playing the pipe organ again. For those who don't know, organ technique requires that the organist sit with the knees and heels held tightly together, so that he can gauge intervals on the pedalboard. Because of this, I've discovered I need some more supportive underwear than I currently have.

I saw in some other threads that boxer-briefs have a following, and I wanted to ask for recommendations on makers and sellers.

Hanes, available at most stores.

BrotherBob

Familiar Face
Believe it or not...

... the guy in the tighty-whities from Rocky Horror ("Brad") is Barry Bostwidk, the Mayor from "Spin City".

Another pro for briefs (not white ones) is that they leave both hands free. It's like a friendly hand on your package at all times. Very reassuring.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Brian Sheridan said:
I don't dance but agree with your assessment of the boxer brief. It feels like superhero underwear.

Boxer-briefs are the goods. The cut is very important. My BVD boxer-briefs are perfect, but the Dockers boxer-briefs I recently bought (because J.C. Penney was out of the BVDs) are cut too short in the leg. They're just not as comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo