Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milan Mania

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Two recent Milans of mine. The first is a 40's Ecuadorian Supernatural

48f261fb.jpg

395f3726.jpg

52f4786a.jpg

And the second is from a recent trip to Optimo last month. Rather Neil Caffrey-esque in my mind.

9f3fc66e.jpg

9e268b53.jpg

f248a1e1.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
flute, two stunning Hats, really!! I love both! Gongrats from me!

+1! SWEET pair flute. I'm curious about the quality of the new Optimo milan vs vintage. Almost pulled the trigger on an Optimo but the price just kept getting in my way. It looks nice from your pixs.

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Two new Optimos? A lucky man are you, flute! I'd also be interested to hear any comments you have on the Supernatural vs. The Optimo. I just picked up a Supernatural of my own and it's a lovely lid of great quality, but that Optimo rootbeer Milan keeps calling to me....

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
+1! SWEET pair flute. I'm curious about the quality of the new Optimo milan vs vintage. Almost pulled the trigger on an Optimo but the price just kept getting in my way. It looks nice from your pixs.

Thanks! Haha and actually 3... I picked up one of their wool caps as well. (I took two of mine in for renovations too)

Two new Optimos? A lucky man are you, flute! I'd also be interested to hear any comments you have on the Supernatural vs. The Optimo. I just picked up a Supernatural of my own and it's a lovely lid of great quality, but that Optimo rootbeer Milan keeps calling to me....

Optimo sells a very good quality Milan, although not quite to the quality of a vintage one (or at least this particular Ecuadorian). The Supernatural has a much tighter and finer, more consistent, of a weave. The Optimo has much larger braids of straw, and feels coarser to the hand. There are less inconsistencies on the Supernatural. However, I was drawn to the Optimo for the color and styling. The brim flange is wonderful, and the proportions were spot on for my face and build. It's a very tailored and streamlined look... I fancy myself as a Neil Caffrey type wearing it :)

Optimo's Milans are $395 by the way. Part of what sold it so easily was the relative bargain it was next to the 1000... And I needed something to wear right away haha

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the honest assessment of the milan flute. I'm really drawn to the Optimo blocked milans as well but just don't have the disposable income to get one right now. Doesn't mean there isn't one in my future though :)

aught12 said:
This is the only stingy I have that I'll wear -- only on special occasions

I wouldn't hold yourself to that aught12, the stingy's have a way of getting friendly on you. Your Cavanagh is the tits!

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! Haha and actually 3... I picked up one of their wool caps as well. (I took two of mine in for renovations too)

Optimo sells a very good quality Milan, although not quite to the quality of a vintage one (or at least this particular Ecuadorian). The Supernatural has a much tighter and finer, more consistent, of a weave. The Optimo has much larger braids of straw, and feels coarser to the hand. There are less inconsistencies on the Supernatural. However, I was drawn to the Optimo for the color and styling. The brim flange is wonderful, and the proportions were spot on for my face and build. It's a very tailored and streamlined look... I fancy myself as a Neil Caffrey type wearing it :)

Optimo's Milans are $395 by the way. Part of what sold it so easily was the relative bargain it was next to the 1000... And I needed something to wear right away haha

Thanks for those comments. I have two vintage Milans which were ebay bargains, so although I know Optimo sells a quality hat, it's hard to justify the extra bucks for one of their Milans. Still doesn't stop me from wanting one though!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nearly 2 wks and no new milans? I got this one from Lounger Alive&Amplified (thank you David!) a while back but today is the first time I've worn it outside the house. It's a vintage Wormser.

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

A friend snuck in:
IMG_0141.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Mike; Congrats on the milan sir. It appears to be a good quality milan from the pics. I especially like the pug and the dachshund! They rock! My wife's family raised and bred the short legged and long backed hounds. I recall they could really dig a burrow.

The brim size would struggle to shield my big nose from the sun. works well for you. The luck of genetics.

Aywhoooo, nice Wormser.

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn