Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mislabelled summer suit?

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Do people here agree that this is really a dinner suit as advertised? I've seen jackets like this worn as evening dress with black trousers but never a full white dinner suit.

I think it might be a summer suit instead? Or is it a 1980s 'creative black tie' monstrosity?

It's not my size so I'm not considering buying it but was just curious as this vendor usually labels accurately. What do we think?

http://www.savvyrow.co.uk/products/...t-white-dinner-suit-w-2-pairs-of-trousers-38r

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
The lapels don't appear to be faced with satin or other usual material for a dinner suit, nor is the jetting on the pockets which one usually finds on modern dinner suits with flaps. Also no trouser braid and the material is cotton. On balance I'd say that it's a summer suit, not an abomination of creative black tie. Any idea what the purpose of the odd tab on the cuff vent is?

AntonAAK

Practically Family
My white/ivory DJ has self-faced lapels so that didn't bother me but I agree that the pocket flaps and the trouser seams don't shout 'evening'.

I have no idea what the tab is for. It looks rather ugly to me. I do like the shape of the lapels, however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo