Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missing Loungers Whom You Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had such a great way with words. I'll never forget one guy who posted that the wind had blown his hat off and it got run over by a car, and Goose posted "Sounds like *somebody* needs a hug." That one had me rolling, but even better was the guy who posted that someone had stolen his hat out of his office while he was at lunch. Goose said "That's why I live by this motto: Be nice to everyone, but have a plan to kill them." For I awhile I used that as my signature, but then figured that someone might really think I would kill them, so I changed it.

Like a friend of mine used to say:
"Some people richly deserve killing." :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've been wondering that for the past couple of weeks. She's got to be somewhere around here, she couldn't have packed up and left. Could she?
:D

On 5-4-2013 she stated this at the end of her post...This is going to be my last post on the Lounge for a while. I have some more important things to do.

It was at the end of a vigorous debate regarding our society as a whole, and how far down it's gone. Plus the damage done to a friend of hers as a result of one bad decision to try Marijuana (afterwards learning it was laced with other drugs).
I don't blame her for taking time off if she needs it, that seemed to be very disturbing (and sad) for her and many on this board.

For me, I haven't seen C-Dot in quite some time.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm still around -- I log in a couple times a week to check and see if there's any bartender stuff I need to deal with, but I haven't had much stomach for discussion with all that's going on. And to be perfectly honest, I no longer trust myself to be gentle with or even tolerant of apologists for modern culture.

My friend is still hospitalized and is still having a very, very difficult time. I wish I had better news, but at this point if she knows who I am when I visit, I consider it a positive development. We just don't know what's going to happen. All we can do is hope.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Lizzie, my thoughts to your friend. I have seen what drug use can do to people (friends and family). It's a painful road to go down, but things will hopefully better as time goes on.

Good to see you back!

Well, I'm here!! After two years and some difficult moments - but going strong now. ;)

No, and I miss seeing her around!

For me, I haven't seen C-Dot in quite some time.

Very glad to hear from you. I'm sorry that things haven't gotten much better for your friend. I do hope things get better for her and for you soon.

I'm still around -- I log in a couple times a week to check and see if there's any bartender stuff I need to deal with, but I haven't had much stomach for discussion with all that's going on. And to be perfectly honest, I no longer trust myself to be gentle with or even tolerant of apologists for modern culture.

My friend is still hospitalized and is still having a very, very difficult time. I wish I had better news, but at this point if she knows who I am when I visit, I consider it a positive development. We just don't know what's going to happen. All we can do is hope.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Has anyone seen LizzieMaine around lately?

Wow I'm glad that Lizzie posted ,because I myself have been off this for awhile and when I returned these last few days ,
that was one of the first things that I also thought "where is Lizzie " ?
I always enjoy reading her posts and love her dry sense of humour.

Glad at least that everything is ok with her and wish I could also say the same for her friend.
Hang in there Lizzie ,were all pulling for you and your friend.

All the Best , Fashion Frank

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I no longer trust myself to be gentle with or even tolerant of apologists for modern culture.
It's OK to vent occasionally, Lizzie.

Leo-Durocher.jpg

vintageTink

One Too Many

Praying for your friend, Lizzie.

rue

I'm sorry Lizzie. I hope everything is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran