Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missing Loungers Whom You Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire: "I do look in now and again, Smithy. But since the last scrap, I don't contribute much."

Was that the guns (or concealed weapons?) 'discussion'? I was rather perplexed by the way that was handled. Personally, I felt they 'No Politics' rule (which I wholeheartedly agree with) was not enforced in that instance. I could not understand why a perceived 'anti-gun' stance was viewed as political, whilst being pro-gun was considered non-political. At least that was how I percieved it.
I would have liked that issue to have been answered during the 'moderation' process.

Personally, although I understand why there are firearms threads, I'm not over-keen on having weapons on this forum.

Whilst I agree that the bartender system is necessary, I would prefer it if there were clear explanations of why certain contentious posts are removed. That way, it might avoid suspicions of bias and lead to greater clarity.

My point exactly. How can one side of a discussion be political - and the other side not?
Besides that I think VINTAGE guns are great. (Even had a very small - Napoleon period - collection myself once.) They are Interesting to look at and talk about - and absolutely belongs here along with old cars, motorcycles, watches etc. etc. Just can't get it when it comes to modern firearms and huge arsenals at home. Not that vintage, is it? And I don't think they belong here. There are loads of other forums for that, I am sure.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
In my eyes the moderator piece of work was done very amateurish and clumsy by moderator Lizzie Maine. Read it if it`s still there.

Not to drag a dead horse out of its grave, but since the exhumation has already occurred, I stand by my comments in that thread. If you don't like a thread, skip over it and move along to something else. How simple does it have to be?

I was not speaking there as a moderator -- I am not a moderator in the Observation Bar. I was speaking there as a member who's sick of seeing threads overrun by people who come into them to say "you shouldn't be discussing a subject I don't like." I feel about smoking the way you feel about guns. But I don't go into the smoking threads and say so. As long as such threads are permitted by Lounge policy, I simply stay away from them.

And as far as my remark about members who make dramatic announcements about leaving only to return under another guise are concerned, they weren't directed at Spitfire, who has never done this. They were directed at a certain other member in that thread who had on several occasions announced a dramatic departure only to return under a series of new identities.

I'm responding to this comment only because I was called by name, and will not be drawn into any further discussion of the subject. You may, if you like, have the last word.

Feraud

Bartender
I'd be surprised if LizzieMaine ever handled anything in a clumsy and amateurish manner. Let alone editing or removing a few insignificant threads on a message board..

On the other hand some members stir the pot multiple times then cry "foul" when they are moderated. How much explanation does one need? People who want to be treated as adults need to act like adults. Members who do not moderator do not know the frustration some of have experienced in doing what should be a pleasurable and bonding experience.

What members see in in our moderation is only half the story. You should read the volume of nasty, derisive, insulting, and immature private messages moderators receive from while certain members plays angelic in the public forums.

Spitfire, you were told multiple times if you do not like the firearms showoff thread, please feel free to skip it. No amount of whining is going to change the current policy.
You insist on pushing an agenda which will only cause unwanted drama.
After your last tantrum you said you were done with the place with the exception of showing off a jacket. Now here you are back again whining about the same old story. It's old brother.

Btw, I've saved all your nasty private messages you sent after your last outburst. I'll take the highroad and not show fellow members just how insulting and unreasonable you are.

Last edited:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Pardon me.
Thank you LizzieMaine, for clearing up that your remarks on loungers who made dramatic exits and sneaked back in wasn't aimed at me. It sure sounded like it back then. And it's only now you come up with an explanation. But better late than never. ;)
Ferraud - I have also kept your private messages. And - just like you - I see no reason to publish your rather personal remark to me either. They wouldn't suite you.
Just like LizzieMaine I also only answered a post here, because my name was mentioned. Besides that, mum's the word.

Feraud

Bartender
Pardon me.
Thank you LizzieMaine, for clearing up that your remarks on loungers who made dramatic exits and sneaked back in wasn't aimed at me. It sure sounded like it back then. And it's only now you come up with an explanation. But better late than never. ;)
Ferraud - I have also kept your private messages. And - just like you - I see no reason to publish your rather personal remark to me either. They wouldn't suite you.
Just like LizzieMaine I also only answered a post here, because my name was mentioned. Besides that, mum's the word.

Go back and read those private messages I sent. I told you in October 2012 that LizzieMaine's comments were NOT directed at you but another Lounger.
I find it hard to believe you honestly missed the first sentence I responded to your private message with.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Go back and read those private messages I sent. I told you in October 2012 that LizzieMaine's comments were NOT directed at you but another Lounger.
I find it hard to believe you honestly missed the first sentence I responded to your private message with.
I have read that many times. Just did not know that LizzieMaine spoke through you.
Let's just call it a day. Shall we?

Feraud

Bartender
For as many times as you've read the messages it only took 11 months and further clarification for you to claim to understand what was said.

Lizzie doesn't speak through me. She'll be the first one to tell you how it is.
I can comment on the reply of a fellow Lounger just like your pals can jump in on your side and attempt to knock the moderators.

Don't jump back into this thread with your pals and start stirring the pot then tell me to drop it. You're not fooling anyone into thinking you are taking the high road in the conversation.

You claimed months ago you were going to stop posting here with the exception of posting a picture of a jacket we've seen hundreds of times before. Be a man of your word and grace us with the lack of your presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21