Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missing Loungers Whom You Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Hi Jamespowers. No, not teaching right now. After we moved to Colorado, my mother got very ill and while I was distracted, my credential expired. I'd have to start over from scratch. We bought a fixer upper, and I've learned a lot about renovations and kept busy fixin' 'er up. We also got a dog, and she's been my latest "occupation" :)
You?

Hi Jamespowers. No, not teaching right now. After we moved to Colorado, my mother got very ill and while I was distracted, my credential expired. I'd have to start over from scratch. We bought a fixer upper, and I've learned a lot about renovations and kept busy fixin' 'er up. We also got a dog, and she's been my latest "occupation" :)
You?
More of the same here. I've got the two boys to teach---whether I like it or not. :p My new dog Zeus would be an occupation if I didn't have one already. He has more energy than five young boys. :p I am maintaining the house here---no fixing thank goodness. :p

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Mario (in Berlin) hasn't posted for a few months.

Yes - missing him too.
Latest thing (6 months to be precise) I know: he mentioned that he is very busy with various things and has no time for forum activities.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
A perusal of the members list shows a couple of dozen rather prolific posters (1000+ posts) who have gone absent in the last year or two. Was it something I said? :(

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
BK: Do you know if Mario still looks in and checks PMs etc? I ask because I always used to send him links to suits I saw that were long enough in the leg. I wondered whether it's still worth doing that for him.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
BellyTank, Alan Eardley/H. Johnson.

+1 here BK.

Martin (BellyTank) hasn't been around here for an age, shame as he was a wealth of knowledge. I only have his old Danish email which is useless since he moved to Sweden. Probably a long shot but be nice to see him around here again.

I think the response to Alan's Iran trip may have put him off from feeling welcome. Once again a shame as he was another wealth of knowledge.

I miss Paddy too, I've seen a few posts from him but they only seem to be in the classifieds flogging stuff. Definitely a front runner for nicest chap at the FL.

And of course, Soren my old mate here, although he left after being abused by a fairly senior member/bartender - bad form that.

All the old dogs seem to have lost their leashes.

Last edited:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I do look in now and again, Smithy. But since the last scrap, I don't contribute much. Only now and again when it comes to Irvin jackets. Besides that, I keep mum.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
he left after being abused by a fairly senior member/bartender - bad form that.
That's unfortunate and it seems to be happening here often lately. More insidious is, if you respond to their abuse you will be banned. One of the reasons the OP of this thread has made himself scarce is due to the moderation on the FLounge.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
That's unfortunate and it seems to be happening here often lately. More insidious is, if you respond to their abuse you will be banned. One of the reasons the OP of this thread has made himself scarce is due to the moderation on the FLounge.

That is both uninformed and unfair. The most egregious rubbish (that other members are very quick to report) is removed before 90% of you see it. So from a casual perspective, it looks like we're being reactionary bludgeoners. "They didn't do anything. Heck, they told me the bartender singled them out...." Nonsense. The Lounge is a moderated forum, and that is one of our strengths. With a decade under our belts, we know what and who we are, and what we are about. People leave because they find other adventures, or because they have been tossed for damn good cause.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^I can attest to at least Scotrace's point about much of the "rubbish" being removed before one has a chance to see it, and I can validate this due to my correspondence with him and other moderators in the past. I'm grateful that this is a "moderated" forum, because I've seen others that are not, and have read comments from them that would have been better off never posted. I may disagree with a moderator's actions once in a while, but that is far outweighed by the positive factors in having "bartenders."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran