Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missing Loungers Whom You Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

They went away. Where are they? You miss their posts, photos, PMs ... perhaps even their avatars.

For whom do you pine? Here are some, in no particular order, from my long list:

-- Havershaw, because his threads were amazing.

-- Vintagejess, because she was a lady through and through.

-- Baron Kurtz, for obvious reasons.

-- Herringbonekid, for the same reasons.

-- Lauren, Lauren, Lauren! (She's still here, but barely.)

-- Vladimir Berkov, for his fierce historical intelligence and insight.

-- Wild Root, for his huge contribution to the knowledge of this joint. (Forgotten Man posts far less often.)

Foofoogal

Banned
I miss alot of them but cannot remember their names.

Twitch for sure.
The Dutch Barbie girl. ( I could look at her all day.)
The Native American lady that danced. (wonder if military life is going ok for her.)
The guy that makes guns?

I sometimes get the urge to drop out but always come back like a moth to the flame. I think I think of this place with the dark page like a cave I have to run to during the day.
The Ladies of the FL and the men of the FL being gone and the griping thread is why I believe many left but may be wrong. Many still come and I invite sometimes.

yes, Bud in Texas. My grandpa was called Bud also.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
BegintheBeguine said:
Off the top of my head, and they did explain they weren't gonna be posting much but still: GOK was a lot of fun and Alan Eardley was classy.
I was glad you started posting after a respite, Marc Chevalier, and I wasn't aware BK had dropped out?

Thanks! Good ol' GOK! I'd forgotten about her :( And Foofoogal mentioned Nashoba ...

Twitch.
Where others may have left for other interests....
Twitch seems to have went through some very tramatic health experiences leading to his absence. I often wonder how he is doing.....
HD

Foofoogal

Banned
yes, HoosierDaddy. I shall never forget that funny thread where you both had me going. :eusa_clap

Yes, Nashoba. Thanks Marc. I tried to find her name.

hiding here for a minute. I am supposed to be helping take down wallpaper. Yuck. yuck, yuck. I detest it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I exchanged PM's with Twitch a few months back. His health issues had severely curtailed his visits to the FL @ that time. It's been awhile since I've heard from him.

I definitely miss M. Tatterscratch and his sense of humor.

Nashoba as well.

Baron Kurtz if he really is going inactive.

Salv but that's a long while ago except for intermittent posts.

There are many others who we don't see since the Ladies of the FL and Gentlemen of the FL threads were inactivated. They brought a lot to the FL that was fun if not always vintage.

Anyone else remember the Squirrel Man (not his handle) from Canada? He was definitely a funny guy.

Gage.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
All of the above, but especially Twitch. I worry about him.
(You didn't suggest a thread about Loungers we'd like to miss. Oooh, Dan, that's uncharacteristically un-nice of you. lol)

dhermann1 said:
All of the above, but especially Twitch. I worry about him.
(You didn't suggest a thread about Loungers we'd like to miss. Oooh, Dan, that's uncharacteristically un-nice of you. lol)
Good thing--ditto on one for the departed and unlamented. Sorry, some of us don't have time for popularity-contests and their attendant bovine-scatology, nor are amused by the thought of being "voted off the island" in a cutthroat "FL Survivor"...

Huge dittos on Twitch!

Brooksie

One Too Many
carter said:
I exchanged PM's with Twitch a few months back. His health issues had severely curtailed his visits to the FL @ that time. It's been awhile since I've heard from him.

I definitely miss M. Tatterscratch and his sense of humor.

Nashoba as well.

Baron Kurtz if he really is going inactive.

Salv but that's a long while ago except for intermittent posts.

There are many others who we don't see since the Ladies of the FL and Gentlemen of the FL threads were inactivated. They brought a lot to the FL that was fun if not always vintage.

Anyone else remember the Squirrel Man (not his handle) from Canada? He was definitely a funny guy.
Gage.

Are you thinking of SkwirlHat?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Smithy.
Allthough we keep contact otherwise, I miss his knowledge and posts on planes, pilots, Battle of Britain and stuff.
(He is bussy starting up his own business downunder)

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DALEX, I loved the fedora in his avatar!

dalexshat-1.jpg

-dixon cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner