Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missing Loungers Whom You Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I have disappeared a few time from the lounge and wondered if any had missed me... I guess I could disappear again for a while and find out...

Brooksie

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pretty faythe said:
Ah, is nice to know I get missed! (I asked a real life friend just today if I was missed just a lil bit and got a yes) So two in one day!!! I've been in more of a lurk mode :)
AHA!

How the heck are you?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Brooksie said:
I have disappeared a few time from the lounge and wondered if any had missed me... I guess I could disappear again for a while and find out...

Brooksie
Well I missed you Brooksie, you're mysterious. What with all those disappearances,...:)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
Some o' the friends we miss are on my MySpace, so I get to keep up with them a little. ;)
The guy from Canada who photographed himself with squirrels: what was his name? ('Photographed himself with squirrels', that looks funny typed out.)
When I was working extra hours late last year and wasn't in the Lounge for months, my roommate patrick1987 would be in the Lounge and would constantly tell me, "Ashley, no one seems to miss you or notice you haven't been posting." What a pal.
We often think of Twitch telling us in a thread that he wasn't going to be in for awhile and why and our thoughts and prayers are still with him.
The biggest laugh I ever got was from a post the lovely Caledonia wrote; she's in now and then yet.

I was beginning to miss you, Ashley. But here you are:) :) :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Brooksie said:

Brooksie

As soon as I saw you, I reached for the PM to say how nice it was to see you posting. :)

Sharpetoys forgot more about Montecristi Panama hats than any current member will ever know. I miss him and his phone calls.

I wish often to see Daisy Buchannan around here more.

People move on, interests change, lives take a turn. The nature of forums.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'll second Vintage Jess -- a very nice gal, and I hope she and her family are doing well. Likewise, Daisy B. was always a welcome presence, and I hope she's doing OK.

Others I recall fondly and miss --

Gold Leaf -- when last heard from she was preparing for motherhood, and I hope it's all gone well.

DancingSweetie -- who helped give the Lounge the legendary "Our Own Vintage Town" thread, and was always very enthusiastic.

Elaina -- Very knowledgeable about sewing machines. Didn't post a lot, but when she did it was always worth reading.

Sunny hasn't been around much lately, but hopefully she'll be back. Another very knowledgeable contributor to PR threads.

Scotrace is right, though -- people do move on, for one reason or another. What speaks well of the Lounge is that so many people stick around: a lot, if not most, of the folks who were here when I joined over three years ago are still here.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I do miss some of the people who were on the Lounge when I first joined (2004). Some are still around, just post less often, and some left never to return.

When I joined, there were only a couple of women on the lounge, plus some visitors from time to time. The only other gal who posted a lot was Holly. I think she is still around, I know she got married, saw her postings from time to time, but don't see her postings now.

Some of my old favorites are still here: Soctrace, James Powers, Matt, Lady Day. But, haven't seen anything posted by Sharpe Toys, Wingnut, Baron Kurtz, Jitterbug Gal, etc., for awhile.

And I certainly don't post as much as I did. Most of the topics are recycles for me at this point. If I've commented in the past, I may not want to do so again. Some of it becomes old hat (excuse the pun).

If there is a new thread with something exciting to say and read, I will post comments and lots of them.

I do like to keep threads open I can tap into from time to time, i.e., What books are you reading? I've gottens some good ideas on reading material just by checking in to that one thread, not to mention all the hat advice I've received over the years.

karol

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
This just reinforces what a great thing it is when Loungers can get together in "real life". I've met a number of folks on the Lounge I want to stay friends with in real life, and a whole lot (a WHOLE lot) I'd like to meet in real life. But that's another thread.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is Art Fawcett still posting? Last I recall, he had been quite sick and was unable to take custom work, and had been unable to post often.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
H.Johnson said:
I can reassure Loungers that the Baron is in fine health and just as interested in matters vintage as he always was.

If anyone wishes to pass their regards to him, I will be pleased to do so when next I see him.

And Mr. Johnson- please pass on my warm regards to Dr. A. Eardley,
when you say hello to the Baron and Baroness, Kurtz.

HBK was one of the good ones- impeccable taste and able to find fantastic new menswear.

B
T

Brooksie

One Too Many
scotrace said:
As soon as I saw you, I reached for the PM to say how nice it was to see you posting. :)
Sharpetoys forgot more about Montecristi Panama hats than any current member will ever know. I miss him and his phone calls.

I wish often to see Daisy Buchannan around here more.

People move on, interests change, lives take a turn. The nature of forums.

Sadly my I have my PMer disabled:(

Brooksie

Brooksie

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Well I missed you Brooksie, you're mysterious. What with all those disappearances,...:)

Thanks...heh you never know what I am up to...there are times when I am also still around, I don't post and I just lurk. Other times I am not around at all and sometimes like now I am a very active member. Off topic...I remember I was supposed to take a picture of the fur I bought from you and never did oops! Sorry - I might have to dig up that thread again and post one.

Brooksie

LizzieMaine said:
Elaina -- Very knowledgeable about sewing machines. Didn't post a lot, but when she did it was always worth reading.

Sunny hasn't been around much lately, but hopefully she'll be back. Another very knowledgeable contributor to PR threads.
Elaina also seemed to be a bit wiser than she gave herself credit for on a lot of things, and Sunny I'd say is a valuable contributor in several areas including radio (not to steal your thunder, but she helped me out a lot with something).

Let's just say the list is long and distinguished... I think we can all agree on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy