Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom French Blanket Coat

I stopped by the Mr. Freedom store yesterday to see what the Road Champ hype was all about...
While I was waiting for them to bring out a pair, I looked up and saw this:

It is what they refer to as a French blanket coat- because they are made from old French blankets. The prototype was done in a light gray which was lovely, but the production run was more of an off white. Currently they are sold out except for a size 38 (which almost fit perfectly) and 2 size 44s.

BUT HERE"S THE GOOD NEWS- This Fall, Mr Freedom will be doing this jacket in an Indigo dyed wool blanket.
It isn't going to have the stripes, but it will still have all the leather detailing...
It's pricey at $875, but I may be putting a hold on the Aeromarine or Aeronaught in the blue in exchange for the Navy blanket Mr Freedom.

The guy helping me said he's constantly getting compliments on his, and it's easy to believe as this is/will be a stunning coat.

-Oh, they also do a version in a tan Duckcloth, but it wasn't a stopper like the blanket one.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Gorgeous! I have, and love, an Aero Waterfront in wool. I'd love to see them do more wool jackets, including the Aeromarine.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Handymike, that store is nirvana for many people! What did you think of it? Also, I would love to here what you thought of the road champs.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I love that blanket coat. Looks very well made. I'm not entirely sold on the breast pocket on the "wrong" side, but that's probably just ingrained prejudice/training.

Yeah, that struck my eye as odd too. Possibly I'd find it practical, being clouty-handed myself, but I suspect it'd still be hard to get used to! Still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy