1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

Moc Toe boots

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by regius, Jan 10, 2018.

1. regius

regius One Too Many

After some search in the Work Boots thread without much satisfaction, I guess I shall start a new thread here dedicated to the moc toe type boots.
    I'm no expert on this style, and in fact, I kinda hated it, until recently I started looking into McQueen's attires and noticed Bowie wore them in 1977 era, that really set me off! My goal is naturally to find such an olive pair with a split toe design, but no luck so far.
    upload_2018-1-9_22-31-32.png

2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat One Too Many

Greetings All: Cabella’s made a pair, some years back, out of kangaroo and/or cow in brown or green based on Browning’s Classic “Uplander” i believe it was. They were spec’d the same and were built in the same shop as Browning according to Cabella’s customer service tech people. They also offered Thinsulate and Gortex models which Browning didn’t if i recall. I had a pair for years. Loved them. Very light and comfy. Good luck, hope this helps. Like to know if they still carry them. Be well. Bowen

regius likes this.
  3. Edward

Edward Bartender

regius likes this.
  4. shadowrider

shadowrider One of the Regulars

What I don't like about wedge work boots is that the moc toe usually looks too "boxy", for example compared to the Indy boots @Edward mentioned.
    I've recently seen these boots by Dickies, though, where it looks somewhat less pronounced and I'm considering them.
    Dickies Trader Work Boots.jpg

5. Edward

Edward Bartender

I like the uppers on those. Don't think I could live with the white soles, though.

Steve27752 likes this.
  6. regius

regius One Too Many

I don't think Indy is true moc toe, as the top stitching is purely for decoration/highlighting, while the moc/mocc toe is either a real seam of two panels, or a pinch to create a corded design, but, do share your enthusiasm of Indy here by all means. I love them, have many Aldens. I think the English made Wested Indy should be very good according to those reviews (you don't need to spend the union worker dollar for a good pair of boots).

Edward likes this.
  7. regius

regius One Too Many

I get your point, same here and why i never liked them (i.e. the red wing exemplar), and note that the Bowie boots were less boxy. Well, just makes it harder to find the right pair these days.

8. regius

regius One Too Many

http://www.cabelas.com/product/foot...ngaroo-featherlight-boots/748624.uts?slotId=7

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  9. bond

bond My Mail is Forwarded Here

I wear moc toe and look for them always . If their good shoes / boots they hold up better than non moc.
    Wolverine 1000 mile boot is my favorite so far.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rclark, handymike, regius and 2 others like this.
  10. shadowrider

shadowrider One of the Regulars

Do you folks know who makes boots like these ones?
    They look a little different and more streamlined than standard wedge sole boots. These pictured ones are from a brand called Rhino; they are pretty inexpensive but apparently only available online.

Rhino 3.jpg

11. bluesmandan

bluesmandan One of the Regulars

Google: Olive yuketen boot
    https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...Maine-Guide-DB-Boot-FO-Olive.jpg?format=1500w

12. Edward

Edward Bartender

Good point; on the Indy style it's more a decoration, while a true moc toe helps the boot hold its shape...

13. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I'm seriously considering a pair of Redwing 8138:
    IMG_2931.JPG

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Andrew Middleton and BobHufford like this.
  14. Andrew Middleton

Andrew Middleton New in Town

Nice choice HandyMike! Have the 1907’s (copper tough leather) and they are stellar boots! Quite comfy...and relative to whites, Viberg’s and the like, a good value to boot!

handymike likes this.
  15. regius

regius One Too Many

[​IMG] got these NOS Ward boots, can’t believe how nice they are! Thick grainy leather in a rich russet color. Wow! For $78, blown away! [​IMG]

Edward and BobHufford like this.
  16. regius

regius One Too Many

The Yuketens are not my style right now, too pancakeish, lol. But I know they are of top quality, made in Mexico.

17. Bjorn240

Bjorn240 One of the Regulars

I don't have any moc-toe workboots, but I have a pair for upland hunting -- triple-vamp Russell Birdshooters in brown Weather Tuff leather, Vibram Newporter sole, on the Munson last. They are not terribly handsome, but they are great for a day in the field.

[​IMG]

rclark, regius and BobHufford like this.
  18. Bfd70

Bfd70 A-List Customer

8 years old.
    Soooooo comfortable
    Took some breaking in but worth it.
    On my 3rd soles. I'm sure i'll get 5 more.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

handymike and BobHufford like this.
  19. regius

regius One Too Many

Beautiful color.

20. regius

regius One Too Many

[​IMG]Sears Ted Williams [​IMG][​IMG]

rclark and BobHufford like this.