Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Stetson Whippet Hemp 7 1/4

Ken David

One of the Regulars
New Stetson 7 ¼ Whippet Hemp in chocolate just received from the Stetson outlet (hole punch in leather sweat). Not 100% my style and wanted to see if anyone interested before I put it on ebay $52.50 + actual shipping (what I paid for it). Retails for $135 (see below link). Unfortunately I really don’t think I will wear this one. Would be a decent lower priced warm leather lid.

https://www.delmonicohatter.com/product/TSHWPT1023.htm

Photos pending (need to find a new photo hosting site to replace photobucket)

Ken David

One of the Regulars
eGOLzkL.jpg

SSJc83t.jpg

m1LPLoN.jpg

Also Stetson Box is included

stmike

One of the Regulars
Nice hat, but just a little too small for me. Would you please tell me how to access and shop at the Stetson outlet store? I've tried, but with no success. Thanks.

Ken David

One of the Regulars
nice
sad I missed this one

LOL! I know you are not being serious :)I am by no means an expert even after 6months + of dabbling and learning (spending countless hours on this forum learning from the experts like yourself). I have had the opportunity to get a couple hats I enjoy wearing either some 2nd hand customs, moderns and a couple newer "vintage" hats (that no where compare to most of the hats on this forum) but I can honestly say I could not get rid of this hat fast enough :) It came by fedex Tues and I shipped it out to it's new owner today. However I do appreciate Bob for the tip from the Stetson outlet and the stellar customer service from the staff.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
LOL! I know you are not being serious :)I am by no means an expert even after 6months + of dabbling and learning (spending countless hours on this forum learning from the experts like yourself). I have had the opportunity to get a couple hats I enjoy wearing either some 2nd hand customs, moderns and a couple newer "vintage" hats (that no where compare to most of the hats on this forum) but I can honestly say I could not get rid of this hat fast enough :) It came by fedex Tues and I shipped it out to it's new owner today. However I do appreciate Bob for the tip from the Stetson outlet and the stellar customer service from the staff.
I actually am being serious

I don't really wear straws ... but when it is hot like today I have to ... and I really like this one

I've owned vintage straws and they are far to difficult to take care of ... far too delicate for me ... too delicate for me to truly enjoy

this is a good looking hat and I would totally wear that

Ken David

One of the Regulars
I actually am being serious

I don't really wear straws ... but when it is hot like today I have to ... and I really like this one

I've owned vintage straws and they are far to difficult to take care of ... far too delicate for me ... too delicate for me to truly enjoy

this is a good looking hat and I would totally wear that

I hear you. It has been hot and very humid in NC the last week (high 90s) and the only "straw" to compare is a custom Pbros Milan Hemp which I been basically wearing most of the time (mine has no issues of fit). Pretty much my go to summer hat or my only summer hat LOL. Good to know about vintage straws being delicate (I prefer straws I can actually wear and not worry about) so I will steer away from those. What I did not like about this hat compared to my Peter Bros "Tankersley" is the Hemp weave had no body to it (very floppy and thin) in addition to the shorter brim 2 3/8" which seemed to have a bit more curl making the brim appear even shorter, it was too "stingy" for my taste and I am learning that 2 5/8" is my new minimum. Maybe my problem was I was comparing it to the Hemp on the Pbros? IMO this Stetson looks better in the pics than it feels/looks on the head.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I hear you. It has been hot and very humid in NC the last week (high 90s) and the only "straw" to compare is a custom Pbros Milan Hemp which I been basically wearing most of the time (mine has no issues of fit). Pretty much my go to summer hat or my only summer hat LOL. Good to know about vintage straws being delicate (I prefer straws I can actually wear and not worry about) so I will steer away from those. What I did not like about this hat compared to my Peter Bros "Tankersley" is the Hemp weave had no body to it (very floppy and thin) in addition to the shorter brim 2 3/8" which seemed to have a bit more curl making the brim appear even shorter, it was too "stingy" for my taste and I am learning that 2 5/8" is my new minimum. Maybe my problem was I was comparing it to the Hemp on the Pbros? IMO this Stetson looks better in the pics than it feels/looks on the head.
Thanks for the 'preciation. The brim was just a tad to small for me as well. My Peter Bros Milan Hemp is stiff AF.

Now this is interesting........I just got one of these on a deal from the outlet...BUT....mine has a stiff crown that measures 5" at the front of the crown as creased....AND has a little over 2 1/2 inch brim....brim has just the right break........and I am really liking it......it is dimensionally bigger than their standard felt whippets ( 4 1/2 inches at the front of the crown and 2 3/8 inch brim) and on par with their Premier Whippets.........
M
I am finding the differance in the Stetsons of the same model interesting.....perhaps it is due to my bigger size......7 1/2???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner