Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

more art

budward

One of the Regulars
Merry Christmas to me . . . in the 20s. This is a present from my lovely wife and is an Art creation. Some of the dimensions are a touch more plentiful than those I've seen typically displayed on the Forum, but it's exactly to order. Mr. Fawcett is not only an artist, but is an absolute pleasure to work with. A belated Merry, and a hearty Happy, to you all.

Budman

1-1-2007-51.jpg

1-1-2007-50.jpg

1-1-2007-60.jpg

1-1-2007-63.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh Yeah, Thats a hat. I love the Twenties feel and the crown. Congrats

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
That's some hat! Like all the reporters wore in "King Kong" '33.

Q: will you leave it with no front pinch?

Q: how wide is the ribbon (which I presume is real vintage stock?)?

budward

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Very nice! What are those dimensions? I like the proportions on it! :eusa_clap

Hi, Feraud. The brim is 2 3/8, the crown is 5 3/4 & the ribbon looks to be about 2 5/8. I, too, continue to dig the proportions, even if I have to duck more often (lol). At least I can pretend I'm taller. (lol lol)

Bud

budward

One of the Regulars
Mr. 'H' said:
That's some hat! Like all the reporters wore in "King Kong" '33.

Q: will you leave it with no front pinch?

Q: how wide is the ribbon (which I presume is real vintage stock?)?

Howdy H. Re the pinch, I hadn't planned on pinching it because with the wide ribbon and the extended crown height, there's a lot going on up there. But now that you mention it, I won't be able to resist trying a couple of pinches to see how it looks. But in the main, no pinches.

Re the ribbon: I assume that it's vintage, given where it came from, but didn't ask and wasn't specifically told that. The ribbon is 2 5/8 (per my quick and shaky measurement). The Creator informs that it is "29 ligne," which doesn't mean anything to me, but doubtless would to someone in the know.

Here's to a short week,
(and a wide ribbon)

Bud

budward

One of the Regulars
Joel Tunnah said:
Throw us a dime, Mr Rockefeller! ;)

Great hat! Which felt color is that?

Joel

Well, er, let's see here . . . (shuffle shuffle, dig dig) . . . ah! A qua-tah! Jeeves, throw this to the fellah over thay-yah.

lol

Would you believe it's mojave? There was some debate as to whether the black ribbon would go with that color, but as it turns out, I think it works muy plenty.

Don't spend that quarter all in one place :D.

Bud

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the post Bud, the hat looks great on you.

Mr. H, it IS vintage ribbon from the 20s. I don't know of anyone making this wide a ribbon today.

As for pinches? that's up to the client!! Bud, I would increase the depth of the center crease just a little. It seems to have "realxed" just a tad and lifted in shipping. A little deeper crease will give you more reverse taper that is so indicative of the period and give a better "scale" of ribbon to height. Try it & let me know what you think.

BTW...I fought hard to NOT put black on this hat...I was wrong.:D

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
This Mojave thing is getting to me. The other one Art did, with the thinner rust ribbon was killer...though more "relaxed" than this "black-n-white" number. Both are excellent in their own way. The thought of this one with a cream or white jacket and slacks...black tie & woven Italian shoes is boggling.

I'm also thinking that either would also accompany a latin embroidered dress shirt of white or even black linen nicely...maybe some contrast on the embroidery? Hmm-m-m-m. I might just have to find out. It could be a fantastic alternate to an early or late summer panama!

Whoooo-eee! I'm getting excited!!!

:cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart