Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Paladin
George Bush has said to the public, before the cameras of his press conference, that he does not learn from his experieince, has not made errors in judgement and that any failure is someone else's to hold--unless the questions are written down in advance and Karl Rove has the chance to answer it for him. He surrounds himself with not "wise men" but men beholden to moneyed special interests, His vice president remains on the payroll of the one firm making billions in non-bid contracts as a result of the Iraqi invasion. The list concerning this collection of foxes in charge of the henhouse in this current administration is endless. Like I've never seen in my lifetime.

George Bush has said to the public, before the cameras of his press conference, that he does not learn from his experieince, has not made errors in judgement and that any failure is someone else's to hold--unless the questions are written down in advance and Karl Rove has the chance to answer it for him. He surrounds himself with not "wise men" but men beholden to moneyed special interests, [/B][/QUOTE]

Now I think you're pulling a Moore on us. I do not ever remember the president stating that he did not learn from past experience. I can understand not wanting to give the opposition a quote about mistakes being made though. I could see the campaign ads now leading with that statement. What genius that would be to say mistakes were made.
Hmmmm. And just where did Kerry raise $100,000,000 from according to his last campaign finance report---- if it was not from "moneyed special interests" that he is beholding to? I guess "campaign contributor elves" sneaked into his campaign offices overnight and filled his campaign stocking?
LOL LOL LOL
Let's be real here. Both parties accept money from those they are aligned with politically. You just have to figure if you like George Sorros and NAMBLA better than Halliburton. You can easily check who supports who by getting their campaign finance statements. Check them out.
What brand of single malt was that? :D

Regards to all,

J

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
My problem with most (if not all) is that while they maintain that if you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re a conservative you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re not at all that bright?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ while they parrot and rephrase everything they hear on NPR, Move-on Dot org, and the like.

See the contradiction?

Liberals hate me, and they have a good reason to?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ I used to be one of them and I saw the light. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve been homeless, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve been broke, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve received the raw-end of ?¢‚Ǩ?ìAffirmative Action?¢‚Ǩ? and quota?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s (because I refuse to bank my American Indian status) and I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve been paying attention to where my tax dollars go. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m against public education because I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve learned that in the best Schools 1 out of ever 6 dollars reach the class room while worse schools that ratio is 1 out of 10.

Everything I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve learned can be boiled down to this: Liberal politicians aren?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t interested in anything more then ?¢‚Ǩ?ìFairness?¢‚Ǩ? when it results in what Limbaugh called ?¢‚Ǩ?ìRedistribution of Suffering?¢‚Ǩ? to the common man. Liberals in my observation genuinely believe the majority of us are too stupid to know how to properly spend their money and they?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re embarrassed that we have the gall to demand to keep more of what we?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve earned. None of them have an original thought except when it comes to spending other people?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s money.

I find it ironic that people like Moore are worried that The United States is becoming a ?¢‚Ǩ?ìPolice State?¢‚Ǩ? while making sure only the Police and the Military have guns. Wake up and smell the idiocy.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Originally posted by The_Edge
For the most part I would like to agree with you but this is part of the problem, MK. For a long time now liberal politicians and activists have been boorish, insulting and highly aggressive in their ideological crusade. All the while, conservative minded people have used your above tactic and sat back idly waiting for the obvious truth to pervade. Where does that get us if the facts are not being represented and lies are being perpetuated relentlessly?

It is time to go on the offensive. To meet the enemy on the battle field of ideas and fight them with the same vehemence. The liberal minority in this country are bullies and it is time we stood up to them. I am a jingo because it is the only way to fight the current war on our culture.

Thoughts?

I agree that liberals have been VERY aggressive and that conservatives have been to passive. That is not what I am suggesting.

I wholehearted believe if conservatives will be diligent and tenacious with the ideals and values we hold so dear and express them in a mature, firm but gracious manner......it will compelling. If that doesn't trump over the name calling, the symbolism over substance, the decisions based on emotion that we claim the left is...........then we need to re-think our position.

What is more important than politics is love......or caring.....or value. Call it what you will. If all we do here is argue like lawyers or pundits on a news show without much caring for the people we are speaking to.......if our only goal is to be right........then won't achieve much.

I have found in life that valuing people is more important than persuade them. I won't be effective with the latter without the former. That is one thing I think the right needs to work on.

Of course I could be wrong.;)

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I am going to shut this thread down for a while and I will tell you why:

Many of you might not remember four years ago at Indyfan and what happened during the election. That forum has been around as longer than any that I know. It was a thriving community that had a long history with a huge number of people who called it their favorite place on the net.

The election polarized the members. It became a bar room brawl that divided the site. A number of people left and started what is known as The NIM. It grew into a war.....a war that killed Indyfan. The owner shut the whole thing down a few times to try and get in under control. It worked.....but the side effect is that everyone left. Just like a gold mine starts a town...when the gold is gone....it kills it. That place is a ghost town now.

I am not going to let the gold leave this place. We are having too good of a time to let that happen.

This is an election year and this is a gentlemen's club. Politics should be discussed......but the moderators will need to keep it in check. Please help us by keeping the emotions from getting out of control. If we do choose to lock a thread or ask once in a while for people to tone it down....it is not to lord over anyone. We just want to perserve the peace. Be patient with us in our serving of this community.

Thanks guys.

I may open the thread later after things settle down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot