Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moth hole rudimentary fix

Justdog

Practically Family
Bought a 25 beaver OR cheap, had a moth hole right through at the brim crown point. Just for fun I bought some elbow patches , best color match I could. Used a hole punch for paper and punched out little round patches.
Stuffed the hole with qtip cotton and falttened it down. Got the patches and trimmed them to the edge of the crown. heated the iron and held it on the top patch 30 seconds and then repeated for the underside. It stuck quite well and no hole. Rudimetary for a start but with a good color match it would be quite good. I was thinking of stacking the patches inside the hole then fluffing some felt up and gluing the felt top and bottom, the last stacked patch would be glue side up. Heat it up then apply the felt. Let dry and buff. Might work, might try it. The light shone right through that darn hole and right into my eye. Made it usable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot