Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motifs

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
TessTrueheart said:
Well, I have been feeling sick and tired lately so I decided to cheer myself up and by this scarf. Leaves, leaves, leaves!:)
vintage_scarf_autumn_leaves20306.jpg

Oh that is just beautiful!!!!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I must say Cherry Blossoms do it for me.. there is something so quiet and peaceful about them...
I wear them in my hair all the time and have lots of them in my house.. im obsessed!

I just love your tatooo!!!
I would love to get something like that... but my work wouldnt allow it.. too many clients.. SUCKS!

klara

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:
I must say Cherry Blossoms do it for me.. there is something so quiet and peaceful about them...
I wear them in my hair all the time and have lots of them in my house.. im obsessed!

I just love your tatooo!!!
I would love to get something like that... but my work wouldnt allow it.. too many clients.. SUCKS!

Thank you so much :eek: . I friend of mine is going to make a side torso tattoo of a cherry tree in blossom, might be something for you?

TessTrueheart

LelaViavonie said:
Oh that is just beautiful!!!!

Thank you Annette and cherryLips! I've had my eye on it for a while and finally caved in::) :eek:fftopic: Yes, CherryLips, the heat has been killing me. So glad we got an entire day of rain here today!

Foofoogal

Banned
Irises! Do you have a theme?

My newest craze is Irises. In my yard are beautiful irises. I am now on an Iris kick. One cannot imagine how many things are made with irises as the design till one starts looking.
I had sold an iris vase years ago to a lady that collected them. Now I sort of wish I had the vase.
Corelle even has Iris dishes.
So, does anyone have a theme for decorating or collecting or that like alot?
I like daffodils also and may mix and match.
I recently bought 4 iris hankies and am going to frame them all together.
http://www.etsy.com/shop_sold.php?user_id=6200561
the 4 Iris ones shown. Nice huh..

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Birds of all kinds and especially raptors hold a fascination for me.
They come to me in rings, wall art, brooches, in need of rescue, and in dreams. Mostly, I am not even looking for them. They're just there to my inexpressible delight and wonder.

BTW: My home town football team are Eagles :p

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Leading Edge: Go, Iggles! (I had to. I promise to behave now)

For me, it's the colour green, which I wear a lot and other people pick me out green things as gifts, in both clothes and home decor stuff. I adore a lot of floral/foliage patterns and people associate me with plants because I am a huge garden nerd, but I don't have an official plant/flower yet. Except maybe daisies or ivy.

I sort of am fond of strawberry prints - even more so than the rockabilly cherry prints - but I haven't made it a motif yet.

Lau Mo

Familiar Face
Cool thread!

I'm fond of all things nautical since I live by the sea. Little anchors, sailboats and lots and lots of Navy Blue and White combos.

I'm also a big fan of vintage travel themed things...Whenever I am traveling I look for things that have a vintage look but still show something of where I have been. So for example, when in Paris I bought this lovely little metal container (pill container, but I use it to hold earrings that I take when I travel) with a vintage-looking picture of the Eiffel Tower on the back. I also collect postcards with a vintage picture of the sight I am seeing on the front.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Vintage cartoony women. All my tattoos have vintage cartoony women on them. And hearts and art deco fans. And I plan on getting more more more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner