Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motifs

Smuterella

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Ok...

inquiring minds (mine mostly) want to know....

Do you have a motif that you love and is now -yours-?

I for example, have a thing for Peacocks and peacock feather motifs.

Flowerwise...poppies.

peacocks for me too, see my myspace signature below!

I have always wanted an Aubrey Beardsley style peacock feather tattoo...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I have ever since I can remember had a thing for butterflies and I too have a tattoo with it - this was long beforeI was aware of the Mariah Carey butterfly craze though..

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seahorses!

I love them, they are so strange and beautiful!

I have this huge silver seahorse pin...and matching earrings, and another pin made of mother-of-pearl (another signature thing of mine, I love MOP)

l_eff7bce18f9b6e7415bec180d4c7c55c.jpg

I don't know what is going on with my face in that shot, but at least it shows the pin...

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss 1929 said:
I love them, they are so strange and beautiful!

I have this huge silver seahorse pin...and matching earrings, and another pin made of mother-of-pearl (another signature thing of mine, I love MOP)

I don't know what is going on with my face in that shot, but at least it shows the pin...

Hehe...it looks 'one moment before a sarcastic comment'....to me. I know that expression well ;)

alexandra

Practically Family
Yellow and black.

On my birthday everyone I knew dressed in only yellow and black clothes to surprise me to go out. It was really ugly and I loved it.

Also, though this is more of an item associated with me, yellow balloons.

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
hearts lovehearts hearts and more hearts, i loves them, oh and anchors, and keyhole hearts and keys.
xx

Miss 1929

Thanks!

dollydaydream said:
Miss 1929, another great photo!
I have to say, the Queen Mary makes for great time travel! That was two years ago, I wore that outfit for my lecture (a lecture and fashion show on the Deco era we put on). But it was HOT - I am looking for all cotton this time!

Miss 1929

dollydaydream said:
I love the outfit! I'm also loving the look on the guys face behind you like 'what...??' hehe

Is that Mr 1929? If only I could get Mr Jones to dress in such fine clothes. At least then people wouldnt think I was quite so odd lol

Mr. 1929!!! Love that! He found it amusing too!

And yes, it is. Check out my myspace page for many more gorgeous pictures of him. It helps that we met when I sold him a vintage tux! He gets into it, he's a very old-fashioned gentleman.

Actually, so many, many people were dressed up on that trip, I was surprised we got a modern person in the background! It happens again August 28-September 1...see the Events thread for the QM Art Deco Festival. I wish you could come, but I know it is far far away, I promise to post lots of pictures!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Folks have lately taken to giving me panda bear novelties and gewgaws, since I've been known to pass time watching their activities on various zoo Panda-Cams. Right now there's a plastic panda sitting on top of my monitor, I have a panda tea mug at work, and the piece de resistance was my last birthday when my best friend gave me a notebook made entirely of paper milled from genuine panda poo.

All I need now is a black-and-white fuzzy sweater and I'll be all set.

145496290-0-l.jpg

Of course, I'm not alone in my obsession.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I confess that I don't have a motif, but I've always wanted one. I love cherries, but have only one skirt. I love collies, but other than my real ones, I don't have any. I love polka dots, but have only one dress. I really want a motif!

Mojito

One Too Many
Oh, gorgeous photo, Miss 1929!

I'm another mermaid person, Scruff. They seem to be everywhere these days, but I've loved them all my life, thanks to the illustrations for The Kingdom Under the Sea by Jan Pienkowski. Diving into the sea and becoming a mermaid was a recurring dream for me, although I've had it less since I learned to scuba dive twelve years ago.

Sharks and rays, particularly mantas, swim around me in all forms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner