Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

guillaumeb

One of the Regulars
Sorry for the quality but that greyish fedora with that dark red/brown band looks very good to me.

Screenshot 2016-04-30 at 23.58.32.png

Screenshot 2016-04-30 at 23.33.50.png

frussell

One Too Many
From the movie "Tom Horn" as played by Steve McQueen.

29qm5ww.jpg

190zl4.jpg

2dn9mc.jpg

4lh861.jpg

2s92j54.jpg

I did a lot of research on the real Tom Horn; been to what's left of the Swan Land & Cattle Co at Chugwater, etc.

1197x9h.jpg
Richard Farnsworth was no slouch either, in the riding, acting, or hat departments. A really good guy, too. Very modest and genuine, just like onscreen. The Grey Fox is hard to find, but still one of my all-time favorites. Barbarosa never seems to make the list, but I've always owned a copy, and enjoy it. Love Tom Horn as well. Frank

Richard Farnsworth was no slouch either, in the riding, acting, or hat departments. A really good guy, too. Very modest and genuine, just like onscreen. The Grey Fox is hard to find, but still one of my all-time favorites. Barbarosa never seems to make the list, but I've always owned a copy, and enjoy it. Love Tom Horn as well. Frank
I liked Farnsworth as well. And even though there is probably no one alive today that knew the real John Coberly I liked Farnsworth's portrayal of him. And while on the subject of Coberly, even though it was some few yrs later & he was in financial ruins I'm sure the fact that he could not save Horn from the gallows contributed to his own suicide.

Renault

One Too Many

Always thought that Harry Carey Sr. could pick the best hats in Hollywood. Always like his hats. This one he sports in "The Shepherd of the Hills" is my all time favorite hat. If you ever see the flick study that hat!!!! That is my dream hat! It's just the everyday hat from that time.

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
Farnsworth was one of those guys who was a background stunt rider in tons of movies. Look at his filmography. The man drove a chariot in Ben Hur, and has a credit in GWTW. After thinking he was the best part of Comes A Horseman, I started catching glimpses of him in some of my old favorites, like The Cowboys, Monte Walsh, Papillon, even Josey Wales. He's usually part of the "bad guys" in those, but does get to show his face, and riding skills. When I met him on a big trail ride, I thought it would be cool to bring my grandfather over and introduce him, as he was a fan. Farnsworth said to him "Hell, Frank, we know each other, I used to work for you at the stables in Palm Springs. You were my hero." Made grandpa's year, and they shot the breeze for hours, remaining in touch until Dick's death. He was a great guy, not Hollywood at all.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

Always thought that Harry Carey Sr. could pick the best hats in Hollywood. Always like his hats. This one he sports in "The Shepherd in the Hills" is my all time favorite hat. If you ever see the flick study that hat!!!! That is my dream hat! It's just the everyday hat from that time.

Watson's makes a Hat that to me is similar , I think its called a Gunslinger , ...

IMG_7283_side.jpg

Nice Hat either way , but I like Harry Carey's , too .

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Farnsworth was one of those guys who was a background stunt rider in tons of movies. Look at his filmography. The man drove a chariot in Ben Hur, and has a credit in GWTW. After thinking he was the best part of Comes A Horseman, I started catching glimpses of him in some of my old favorites, like The Cowboys, Monte Walsh, Papillon, even Josey Wales. He's usually part of the "bad guys" in those, but does get to show his face, and riding skills. When I met him on a big trail ride, I thought it would be cool to bring my grandfather over and introduce him, as he was a fan. Farnsworth said to him "Hell, Frank, we know each other, I used to work for you at the stables in Palm Springs. You were my hero." Made grandpa's year, and they shot the breeze for hours, remaining in touch until Dick's death. He was a great guy, not Hollywood at all.

Yeah , Farnsworth was the Real Deal ! A Great Horsemen , one of the Few Real Guys in the Movies , and a Really Nice Guy to Boot !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy