Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

DocCasualty

One of the Regulars
Still haven't seen Wonder Woman, but am even more motivated to do so, to see more of this hat that Chris Pine wears
Wonder-Woman-21-Chris-Pine.jpg
Saw a preview for this today in the theater; can't wait to see it!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I wish the movie had been worthy of those hats, the wardrobe, and the cars.

You are so right. I read the book and it was very interesting. The movie....well the actors did portray real people, but the portrayal was not real. Sgt. Keeler was not killed in the line of duty. As a matter of fact in real life the only member of the squad who died, died in a car crash. If you ever saw the movie Mulholland Falls, the scene where they take the gangster and "show him" the falls, was considered folk lore. it was later discovered that the real Squad did that, but sort of by accident. The member who died in the car crash was trying to intimidate a gangster and the gangster kept backing up and went down the hill. Sgt. Keeler was a tech expert and Jack Webb even paid tribute to him in the 1954 Dragnet film by having the character Sgt. Keeler in it. Sgt. O'Mara stayed with LAPD and retired in the 1960's. It was Sgt. Wooters who left and became a successful businessman. The best thing that I can say about the movie was it did have great hats, cars, and wardrobe as you have mentioned. Oh, there were some good one liners..."I am looking for a good gun hand. Well I happen to have a good gun hand".

So the film is a period piece, like the first episodes of the old WW series with Lynda Carter?
Yes, but Wonder Woman first appeared in All Star Comics in October of 1941 and the story was set in the then-modern-day World War II era. The movie is set in World War I because the filmmakers thought that era was more suitable for the story they wanted to tell.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic hat ... very much resembles my Standard Quality Stetson
I'd love to see more angles of this crease so I could duplicate it

EDIT: I should have looked at the next post :)
What do you figure the specs are on this one? 5-3/4" - 6" open crown, 2-1/2 to 2-5/8" brim? Sharks gill bow with only a few "gills," and a tear drop or c-crease for the bash... not that a Moon diamond wouldn't spectacular as well. Does it look to be blocked on a #52, or???

My wife and I saw this movie yesterday in 3D. While the movie was good, the hats were exquisite. I'm sure I blurted out MUCH TOO LOUDLY when Chris Pine first came on the scene with that Navy fedora: "WOW, LOOK AT THAT HAT!!!" LOL. There are a lot of caps in the movie, lots of derbies, a few homburgs and fedoras. From what I could see, most fedoras (and Homburgs) had a center crease.

I've been wanting a lightweight felt and have been speaking to Art at VS about one of his remaining Art Lite felts. But I may have to change gears completely for a Chris Pine dark navy fedora! :cool::D:cool:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
What do you figure the specs are on this one? 5-3/4" - 6" open crown, 2-1/2 to 2-5/8" brim? Sharks gill bow with only a few "gills," and a tear drop or c-crease for the bash... not that a Moon diamond wouldn't spectacular as well. Does it look to be blocked on a #52, or???
those dimensions sound pretty accurate ... I'd guess they are close ... the brim looks to be less than 2 1/2 ... who knows
I assumed it was a center crease until I saw the second set of photos ... was surprised to see a narrow tear
awesome hat
especially since it is a period piece that takes place before you really saw anything but center creases

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran