Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

1920 silent serial with 15 episodes staring Ruth Roland, "Ruth of the Rockies". Roland owned her own production company.

Lots of great hats in the movie stills.

IMG_8379.JPG

IMG_8382.JPG

Last edited:
"The Wild Horse Redemption" A 2007 documentary about mustangs trained by Colorado Dept. of Correction inmates to get the horses ready for adoption. A good watch if one is interested in such things. Some of these horses have been adopted by the U. S. Border Patrol.
84408_027.jpg

1394.jpg

images

images

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-28_13-42-32.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-28_13-42-32.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 110
  • upload_2018-8-28_13-43-24.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-28_13-43-24.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 112

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Adrian Holmes as Bass Reeves, U.S. Marshal

View attachment 136975

Bass Reeves
View attachment 136976
Such an interesting life! As a federal marshall pursuing fugitives into Indian territory, law required that he be accompanied by Indian Police, usually a constable. Some believe this was the basis for the Lone Ranger.
My great grandfather was a Constable in Indian territory, I wonder if they ever met.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lots of western law enforcement history there, HJ.
Not sure if this movie is in the can as they say, or being shopped around. I hope it comes out.

My great grandfather was a Constable in Indian territory, I wonder if they ever met.
Interesting about your great-grandfather DD. My great-grandfather Tumlinson moved from TX into the Nation while hauling freight back & forth between TX, AR & MO. He married into the Cherokee tribe & my grandmother was born in the Nation just before it became a state.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My grandmother was born on the Chickasaw Nation in 1900.
Not sure if this movie is in the can as they say, or being shopped around. I hope it comes out.

Interesting about your great-grandfather DD. My great-grandfather Tumlinson moved from TX into the Nation while hauling freight back & forth between TX, AR & MO. He married into the Cherokee tribe & my grandmother was born in the Nation just before it became a state.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points