Movie hats

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Michaelshane, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Cornshucker77

Cornshucker77 Call Me a Cab

I do have to say though she has great legs. That I think we can agree on. ;)

Zombie_61, Frunobulax and Dm101 like this.
  2. Dm101

Dm101 A-List Customer

That, I concur with!!
    ;):D

Zombie_61 and Cornshucker77 like this.
  3. She's a tall drink of water, that's for sure.

Zombie_61, Cornshucker77 and Dm101 like this.
  4. RBH

RBH Bartender

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LEFT TO RIGHT, STANDING: Ted Hinton, Prentiss Oakley and B.M. "Maney" Gault
    SITTING: Bob Alcorn, Henderson Jordan and Frank Hamer

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  5. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

I'm looking forward to that.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

6. ^^^^^ Hell yeah!

[​IMG]

LEFT TO RIGHT, STANDING: Ted Hinton & B.M. "Maney" Gault SITTING: Bob Alcorn & Frank Hamer

7. Great line "Clyde might be King, but I'm a Texas Ranger you little s***!

8. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

I love it!!! It's right up there with Sean Connery in the Untouchables when he is chasing the bad guy and fires the Thompson up in in the air and says " Alright...enough of this running s#*t"

9. I like "Don't you know you don't bring a knife to a gunfight?"

10. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Yes, that is classic too. Also "He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue ....That's the Chicago way..."

Cornshucker77, Moviehats and Bushman like this.
  11. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I always liked the scene when Malone (Connery) first meets George Stone (Andy Garcia), goads him into a specific reaction, and his response to Stone's reaction:

12. RBH

RBH Bartender

The Kid... I really like the acting of Vincent D’Onofrio and look forward to see his direction on this film.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 1917 movie about Sam Houston.

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

14. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

These put a different perspective on the whole thing.

I think many of us think of everything in B&W films as being black and white, at least as while we are watching and being absorbed in them. I never even conceive there being color when I'm watching them. It's part of what makes them 'GE.'

These photos look like they were taken in a different time, or even world, because that world was black and white to most of us.

Very interesting. I can't stop looking at them.

15. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

I've always liked the perceived accuracy of the clothing in this movie, especially for the time it was made.

If one didn't know better, you might think that it was a color shot from an old B&W film, as RBH posted from Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

untouchables 620x348_b and w.jpg

But it's not a GE era-made film, so psychologically, even in B&W, it's not perceived the way a Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep, or Treasure of the Sierra Madre, for example, are.

16. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

One thing that caught my eye about this movie was that the brims on many, if not most, of the hats had their brims snapped down front and back, or maybe they are just flatter brims? At any rate, there weren't as many with brims snapped up in back, but they still looked pretty dressy...

Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  17. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

B M "Maney" Gault could be a relative of mine....doubt it but hell you never know.

18. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

It appears to be mostly Charles Martin Smith, as well as the guy who played Nitti. Mostly everyone else is rear brim up, at least the principals - Costner and Garcia, as well as DeNiro.

untouchables nitti_b3f5cd02332614da69edc7caa16c5e8c.jpg untouchables_MV5BNzk4ZDJkNTItNTQw.jpg untouchables_maxresdefault.jpg untouchables_bd95da47bee91e06de1ee6f148d24a4e.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  19. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

Well, judging by the pictures you’re obviously right. I would have bet good money that the hats of Costner and the young sidekick (Garcia?) were down in the back also. Maybe I had that impression because Costner keeps his pushed so far back on his head. Thanks for pointing this out.

I’ll use “It’s been a long time since I’ve seen this movie “ as an excuse. ;)

scottyrocks, Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  20. One of my favorites, & I love the soundtrack. Back when the music was written for the movie; instead of the movie being made to sell the music & other products.

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG