Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

He's got the Parrotheads keeping him going. I can't make it to his concerts, but love his music.

Ben to several, Perry but he only does outdoor venues, at least from what I've read the last few years and most amphitheaters around here have closed. Oak Mtn. in B'ham is where I first saw him but he hasn't played there in awhile and Starwood in Nashville sold out for development some years ago.

Ben to several, Perry but he only does outdoor venues, at least from what I've read the last few years and most amphitheaters around here have closed. Oak Mtn. in B'ham is where I first saw him but he hasn't played there in awhile and Starwood in Nashville sold out for development some years ago.
Saw him in St Pete Bayfront 78 or 79. Tried to go about 20 years ago to Buckeye Lake here in Ohio. A friend had bought tickets he couldn't use so gave them to me. We got there about 5 PM and there were drunks all over the place. Buffett wasn't going on until about 8 or 9 that evening. So, we got in the car put a cassette of Buffett in, and headed to Florida to see my Mom.

Deadwood is back....
Looking forward to this & hoping the writing is good, & that it hasn't lost it's magic after 10 yrs. I was hoping Keith Carridine would be back as Hickok in flashback but I've seen no mention of it. I have the DVD box set which I'll be watching again before May 31st.

One of my favorite Al Swearengen quotes which I have framed in my office for inspiration.
IMG_2420.JPG

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Robert Mitchum in Farewell My Lovely (1975].

mitchum 91FLjYVeQaL._SY445_.jpg
mitchum farewell-my-lovely-poster-french.jpg
mitchum DGkEJBOVYAAzHo5.jpg
mitchum farewell-my-lovely.jpg

Through research and a series of searches, I discovered this film, and just finished watching it.

I am fascinated by Mitchum's hat, particularly the gray felt/burgundy ribbon combination. I am now into the next faze, namely, the recreation of the hat, or at least a version of it that suits me. I have a few gray hats already that are well proportioned to my head and face. Hopefully I can begin by sourcing some burgundy ribbon and swapping it in on one of my gray hats.

Thinking about it further, I think a burgundy ribbon could look good on my carbon gray Fed IV.

Last edited:

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 161848 View attachment 161851 View attachment 161849 View attachment 161850

Through research and a series of searches, I discovered this film, and just finished watching it.

I am fascinated by Mitchum's hat, particularly the gray felt/burgundy ribbon combination. I am not into the next faze, namely, the recreation of the hat, or at least a version of it that suits me. I have a few gray hats already that are well proportioned to my head and face. Hopefully I can begin by sourcing some burgundy ribbon and swapping it in on one of my gray hats.
I got into that film several months ago and fell in love with that hat, too. Post #1422.

I'd love to get one just like it.

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 161849

I am fascinated by Mitchum's hat, particularly the gray felt/burgundy ribbon combination. I am now into the next faze, namely, the recreation of the hat, or at least a version of it that suits me. I have a few gray hats already that are well proportioned to my head and face. Hopefully I can begin by sourcing some burgundy ribbon and swapping it in on one of my gray hats.

Thinking about it further, I think a burgundy ribbon could look good on my carbon gray Fed IV.

I have one particular Royal Stetson, shown recently in the Instruments thread, that could be a good candidate for a burgundy ribbon. I'll have to put the ribbon, when I get it, against that hat, as well as the carbon gray Fed IV.

20190322_215515 400x711 crop.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner