Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Clint Eastwood, "A Perfect World", with Laura Dern and Kevin Costner

Screenshot_20210131-103744.png

Akshansh_Desi_Auteur_Clint_Eastwood.png

A_Perfect_World-901620383-large.jpg

I was watching the 1941 movie “Dive Bomber” on TCM while burning up the treadmill today. Errol Flynn and Craig Stevens got into a fistfight which started with a knock-down sucker-punch, diving and rolling about on the floor with a whole lotta moving and shaking. Only one man’s hat was even slightly misshapen, but never left his head. Now, those were well-fitting fedoras!

Try as I might, there were no stills of the sequence to be found.

Sexy Rexy

Familiar Face
Why do you think we buy open-crown hats?

Many a C-crown has been shaped by hand. It does not have to be blocked by a factory to be a C-crown. A C-crown is a C-crown no matter how the crease was made.
Many afficianados prefer to crease their hats by hand. Bogart was probably one of these. Perfection is seldom achieved and that is as it should be. If everyone had a perfectly creased hat, there would be no room for individuality. The individuality of each combination of hat and wearer is the sublime basis of the art of wearing a hat with style and panache.
Strive for perfection, knowing that there is always more to achieve, for the joy is in the attempt.
Well said!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
*Raiders March twinkles in background*

Anybody know who's making the hat this time around?

I haven't heard anything, but if anything pops up on COW, I'll be sure to relay it.

This new hat seems to have a little less contrast in the ribbon color and certain angles make the brim look wider. In this image it almost looks like it lacks the dimensional cut. Definitely a shallower flange. A little less boxy than the Adventurebilt from the last film.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I haven't heard anything, but if anything pops up on COW, I'll be sure to relay it.

This new hat seems to have a little less contrast in the ribbon color and certain angles make the brim look wider. In this image it almost looks like it lacks the dimensional cut. Definitely a shallower flange. A little less boxy than the Adventurebilt from the last film.
I noticed that too. Indy's hat had previously always had a black ribbon with varying degrees of wear or fading...
OgLD7dx.jpg

God forbid! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ