Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Houses/Apartments

I'mSuzyParker

Familiar Face
Not sure if this question has appeared before - I apologize in advance if it has.

In what house/apartment in what movie would you love to reside?

Aunt Elizabeth's house in CT in Bringing up Baby is great, as is any deco apartment in any Carole Lombard movie. I also like the Vandamm house in North by Northwest with all it's FLW influence.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I was watching (well falling to sleep mostly - it was 2am) a Rock Hudson and Jane Wyman film the other night. He is a redeemed playboy/thrillseeker and she is dying and, when he becomes a doctor, the only one who can save her from some life-threatening ailment.

Anyways he lives in this fab 1950s home with a feature piece being the fireplace made of "stacked stone" within a lounge room with a high ceiling which they try to replicate today (unsuccessfully because it is usually fake). It was a glorious room with the antiques all on the mantelpiece.

The room had memories of Uncle Bentley Gregg's loungeroom in Batchelor Father

carter

I'll Lock Up
I always thought I'd like the Miniver's house once repairs were completed
3147266387_27d862a206.jpg
3148098468_68f8fff554.jpg

3148097750_209c77b374.jpg

or the Blandings new digs once construction ended.
mbbhdh-33.jpg
mbbhdh-32.jpg

mbbhdh-16.jpg

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Whitehaven Mansions"

If I wasn't so grounded at "Baumont Court" I would love to live in Hercule Poirot's flat in Whitehaven Mansions, which is in reality Florin Court, Islington South London, the original block consists of rather small apartments, so they filmed lots of exterior shots of the building and then created a "set" that was more spacious. the TV series also used lots of famous Art Deco homes in the UK throughout the original 1980s-90s shows, the newer ones are done rather on the cheap,No locations shots, and No Miss Lemon or Colonel Hastings!!!!!!

The fantasy:
http://www.poirot.us/mansions.php

The reality

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=2577299

"They do it with mirrors";)

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Neither are very golden era, but here goes.

Favorite Movie House:
The father's California ranch house in the original Parent Trap.

Favorite TV House:
Mike and Carol Brady's House
I drew up a full set of plans for this house as a teenager, and then built an architectural model, trying as best I could to make the interior layout match the exterior shots.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
" A Summer Place " (1959) with Sandra Dee and Troy Donahue -the movie is only so-so, but the musical score by Max Steiner is lovely. Many scenes in this film take place at the residence of Ms C. Walker, set on the beach at Carmel, California, the house was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1948 and is absolutely stunning, inside and outside !!! Sometimes i watch this movie just to look at the house! :)

2225365628_7624c83bb9.jpg

Would i love to reside there? you bet i would! :D

Retro66

New in Town
carter said:
I always thought I'd like the Miniver's house once repairs were completed
3147266387_27d862a206.jpg
3148098468_68f8fff554.jpg

3148097750_209c77b374.jpg

or the Blandings new digs once construction ended.
mbbhdh-33.jpg
mbbhdh-32.jpg

mbbhdh-16.jpg
Another one of those great underated films, Mr blandings builds his dream house.:eusa_clap

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Mr_Misanthropy said:
I'd love to live in the Addam's Family mansion. Complete with cobwebs, artifacts, occult trinkets, and Lurch
:eek:fftopic:

yes, Lurch, trinkets , cobwebs ...and most important, we musn't forget "THING" ..... snap, snap away!!!;) :)

thing.jpg

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I'd LOVE to have a "Thing", if only for his drink mixing capabilities.

I'm something of an Addam's Family nut. I also have the same birthday as the creator, Charles Addams (which is on strangely enough...Wednesdsay!).

Another favorite film home is the the house from "Please Don't Eat the Daisies". I can't find a pic of it right now, my apologies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner