Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Quote Game

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
dahliaoleander said:
:eek:fftopic: Marlow- Are those Madea's quotes (from the plays) in your sig? I love Tyler Perry!

yes it is!! well the current one is from Willy from Class Reunion, but i've had a couple of Madeas on here too...another Tyler fan! whoo-hoo! lollol

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
If no one else will is it alright if I post one?

Just in case it is:

To make it a toughie:

Name movie, year, character, actor played by, whom it is said to and why. ;)

You double crossin' bob-cat!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Duel In The Sun, 1946, Lewt McCanles, Gregory Peck, said to Pearl Chavez(Jennifer Jones) because she shot him...

next: "You wave that finger at me again and I'm gonna take your head off..."

Michael10

New in Town
Answer

Prairie Dog said:
Who said it? Lauren Bacall ... Slim
Who answered it? Walter Brennan ... Eddie
and from what movie is it? To Have and Have Not

New Quote ... "My, my, my! Such a lot of guns around town and so few brains! You know, you're the second guy I've met today that seems to think a gat in the hand means the world by the tail."

Identify the actor who said it, the character, and the movie.

This was said by Bogie, as Philip Marlowe in The Big Sleep and said to Joe Brady.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Miss 1929 said:
"What do those girls have down south of the equator that we don't have?"
Flying Down to Rio

Next quote,
"Oh, that's not the city you smell. That's you! We better get you to a bathtub before somebody shoots you for a buffalo."

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Prairie Dog said:
"Oh, that's not the city you smell. That's you! We better get you to a bathtub before somebody shoots you for a buffalo."

Dodge City

next quote:"You wave that finger at me again and I'm gonna take your head off..."

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
I can't identify your quote, Sam. How about giving a clue.

Identify this one~
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?"

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Prairie Dog said:
I can't identify your quote, Sam. How about giving a clue.

Identify this one~
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?"

bob newharts breakthrough film, but he didn't say it...

and i haven't a clue where yours is from...a bronx tale comes to mind...

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
miss_elise said:
iron man!
Job well done, Miss Elise! :eusa_clap

New Quote~
"If these settlers get burned out, there'll be a lot of hollerin' that this country is too wild to be a state. We'll go on bein' a territory some more, with a lot of political appointees runnin' it according to what they learned in some college where they think cows are somethin' you milk and Indians are somethin' in front of a cigar store."

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Prairie Dog said:
"If these settlers get burned out, there'll be a lot of hollerin' that this country is too wild to be a state. We'll go on bein' a territory some more, with a lot of political appointees runnin' it according to what they learned in some college where they think cows are somethin' you milk and Indians are somethin' in front of a cigar store."

McLintock

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Bugsy said:
"I have enough money to satisfy my needs and my caprices."

Murder On The Orient Express? i think it is...Albert Finney was fantastic...one of my favorite performances...

my previous one was from Hell Is For Heroes...McQueen said it to the lieutenant...

next:
We can't do that!
How do you know? You never tried it.
Well, yeah, but I never tried shooting myself in the head neither.

Bugsy

One Too Many
SamMarlowPI said:
Murder On The Orient Express? i think it is...Albert Finney was fantastic...one of my favorite performances...

my previous one was from Hell Is For Heroes...McQueen said it to the lieutenant...

next:
We can't do that!
How do you know? You never tried it.
Well, yeah, but I never tried shooting myself in the head neither.

I have to watch this movie once a year at least. Finney is fantastic, but so is the rest of that dream cast. BTW, if you like Murder on the Orient Express from the 70's, DO NOT see the new version with Alfred Molina, a medicore cast, with computers and cell phones. UGH!! I quiver at the thought.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR