Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Villains

Hondo

One Too Many
twitchy bank robber in Kansas City Confidential.

I like that lol but seriously be was good gang member, they just never develop his part, character more, say like Lee Van Cleef, Strother Martin, second bit cast members. jack Elam could have been meaner.

Gene Hackman, as Little Bill was alright as much as I like Hackmen, his face doesn’t scare me, its not his fault, Its just an opinion, I think another actor should have that part, its just my feeling, Its not bad, it could have been better.

Shearer said:
I'm totally bogarting a movie conversation I had with someone last week by mentioning these but...

No Magua yet? :D

magua2xp.jpg

And since Hondo mentioned westerns, how about Gene Hackman as Little Bill in Unforgiven?

No Magua yet?

Russell Means as Chingachgook and Wes Studi as the evil Magua. The Last of the Mohicans? Playing Native American, very good, nearly stole the movie, again strong character study, I don't know if it qualifies as villain, given both actors didn’t have more background, film roles, but maybe [huh]

If placed in that type of situation, you can’t be scared, its fight to the death, oh you can be scared but I’d rather die fighting than wimp out, cry to mercy, Maguas just going to kill you either way, see? :p

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
it was mentioned before but...

-The Wicked Witch of the West- :eek:

from the Wizard of Oz(1939)...she's so good!!! best villain ever :eusa_clap

Shearer

Practically Family
Hondo said:
I like that lol but seriously be was good gang member, they just never develop his part, character more, say like Lee Van Cleef, Strother Martin, second bit cast members. jack Elam could have been meaner.

Gene Hackman, as Little Bill was alright as much as I like Hackmen, his face doesn’t scare me, its not his fault, Its just an opinion, I think another actor should have that part, its just my feeling, Its not bad, it could have been better.

Russell Means as Chingachgook and Wes Studi as the evil Magua. The Last of the Mohicans? Playing Native American, very good, nearly stole the movie, again strong character study, I don't know if it qualifies as villain, given both actors didn’t have more background, film roles, but maybe [huh]

If placed in that type of situation, you can’t be scared, its fight to the death, oh you can be scared but I’d rather die fighting than wimp out, cry to mercy, Maguas just going to kill you either way, see? :p

Yes, I was hesitant to put these in the villains list, especially Elam. He's a great character in that film, but not nearly developed enough like you said (pretty big cast, and not really one of my favourite films to begin with.) He's also underutilized in Kiss Me Deadly. But then again, I love character actors and it's almost a good thing that they aren't overexposed... it's such a joy to find their small parts in movies.

Gene Hackman is hard to look at without thinking Popeye Doyle lol

But while villains are great, I like the ambiguous bad guy in noir films or the small role that steals the movie, so I decided to stick them in here anyway.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Hondo said:

Not a villain? Magua's drive to stand over the white Colonel, cut his heart out & show it to him AND let him know that he would kill his daughters as well....seems like pretty good villain material.

And I love this other mohawk villain:
WezFaceoff.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
MrBern said:
Not a villain? Magua's drive to stand over the white Colonel, cut his heart out & show it to him AND let him know that he would kill his daughters as well....seems like pretty good villain material.

And I love this other mohawk villain:
WezFaceoff.jpg

Where did you find that picture of my daily commute?

Hondo

One Too Many
Originally Posted by MrBern

Villain? perhaps, you can call him the enemy, I think of it as a proud native American Indian defending their land, maybe too much by how he kills; don't really known him, or his character because he's a real person, not made up.

Shearer

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
*ulp*:eek: Does this mean I need to wear my flak-jacket to the Comic-Con?

Not that I know of ;) , I was actually referring to something I'd said about marines riding their bikes with mohawk helmets... I drive through Camp Pendleton every day.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Hondo said:
Villain? perhaps, you can call him the enemy, I think of it as a proud native American Indian defending their land, maybe too much by how he kills; don't really known him, or his character because he's a real person, not made up.

Ah, well, like I said, Magua was on a vendetta to murder the Colonel & murder his kids. It wasnt about defense, it was revenge.
As the native american elder said in that movie, "Magua's heart is twisted."

actually, wikipedia has him listed as the main villain of the novel.
wiki link

Hondo

One Too Many
MrBern said:
Ah, well, like I said, Magua was on a vendetta to murder the Colonel & murder his kids. It wasnt about defense, it was revenge.
As the native american elder said in that movie, "Magua's heart is twisted."

actually, wikipedia has him listed as the main villain of the novel.
wiki link

Villain it is, hands down, Wes Studi was strong :eusa_clap

Haversack

One Too Many
I just finished rewatching the PBS Mystery series, _Heat of the Sun_ (Set in 1930s Kenya). I would nominate Joss Ackland for his portrayal of the villainous
Max van der Vuurst. Rather like Sydney Greenstreet, but nastier.

Haversack.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Hondo said:

Incidentally, that might be a valid view of his role in DanceswithWolves.
PawneeWarrior & scenestealer
dance7.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
who are these villains?

I've never heard of them [huh]
I prefer my villians in black and white. :)
Great Golden Age movies, great Golden Age villains!!![huh] lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner