Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Rover's black suit request

StanleyVanBuren

Mr. Rover said:
IMHO, I'd like to see that new white shirt with the high collar you picked up, this tie in either a tight Half-windsor or the same FIH knot, and this black suit. Just for the sake of the picture, could you also tuck in a pocket square?
I'd sleep better.:p

Here ya go.

Sorry about the lack of pocket square; I really don't have anything that would work. I'll get one sooner or later here.

IMG_6897.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thank you for appeasing a bored, just-graduated high schooler. :p

I think collar and suit and tie work well as a combination, but SMALLER KNOT still. And yes, I will voluntarily send you a handkerchief, or you should really just pick up a pack of cheap white cotton hankies in a baker's dozen at an outlet store.... it would really complete the ensemble. And Jovan mentioned it before, but I like your hair down more, too.
All in all, very nice- it's a good picture! :eusa_clap

StanleyVanBuren

Yes, I will pick up some pocket squares soon. Thanks for the offers, but it's really ok. I'm sure I can find some that are not outrageously expensive. I've just been uber busy lately & need to find time.

StanleyVanBuren

Right so I still don't have the pocket square, but check these out.

Here I am in front of my favorite part of my house:

blackonblack1.jpg

Closer up:
blacksuit2.jpg

Extreme close-up:
blacksuit3.jpg

Tie is a double-wrapped 4IH. I was running out of daylight in these, so please excuse the excessive grain.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
MUUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHH BETTER!!!! YAY!!!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Gasp! And you even dimpled it...twice. Making up for lost dimples in the past? just kidding.

StanleyVanBuren

Mr. Rover said:
Gasp! And you even dimpled it...twice. Making up for lost dimples in the past? just kidding.

Har har har... Yeah, I wanted to imitate a photo someone posted on here. This type of dimple is... hard!! I've had this happen to me a couple times when I wasn't intending it to, but when it came time for me to actually try to make it happen, it turned out to not be the easiest thing to get right! Of course, probably depends on the tie.

Dagwood

Practically Family
StanleyVanBuren said:
...so I still don't have the pocket square...Here I am in front of my favorite part of my house

I now understand. So, if we put a pocket square in front of the liquor bar, you'll be more likely to see and wear it. ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
StanleyVanBuren said:
This type of dimple is... hard!! Of course, probably depends on the tie.
It's best to give a tie a test-tie before you buy. The knot is, after all, what makes the tie and there can be subtle variances in cut, fabric and lining that can effect a particular ties ability to tie a particular knot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner