Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mummy gear questions

BJonas

One of the Regulars
Just watched "The Mummy" (99) again the other day. I was paying attention to the costuming and saw somethings I'd like to know more about.

-Brendan Frasier is wearing some kind of leather wristband on his right arm. A wide leather piece covers the top of his wrist and forearm, and two straps go under the underside of his wrist. It almost reminded me of an archery forearm guard, but worn on the opposite side of the arm. What is that thing?

-The blond guy (don't know his name) who's practicing quick-draws in the hotel before he's killed is wearing an unusual holster. It hangs down from his belt by two wide-apart straps and strapped around his thigh at the "barrel" end of his holster. Anybody know anything about this holster?

(Incidentally, I think everybody in that movie "double-fists" their pistols at least once during every shootout:p )

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Not too sure about the holster. Can you post a screen cap? I would if I could, but my screen caps come out lousy, and this seems like a case where good detail is important.

On the bracer issue, it's covered very well here. You're definately not the only one interested in that look! The bracer comes up around page 2 or 3, but you'll find a lot of other good info in that thread, as well.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Don't it figure?! I've tried various types of software, but I can't seem to get a good screen cap. They are always of pretty poor quality, and I can never see the detail I'm looking for. Some folks post screen caps that are just incredible, and I wish I knew how they did it.

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
This was the best screen-shot I could find online...
Cowboy.jpg

It appears to be a merging of the stereotypical "gunslinger style"

70319-300x300.jpg

with the common military rig of the time.
SamBrowne1.jpg

to come up with basically a vintage version of this:
m-12_dleg.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find better images of the actual holster, it seems for some reason everyone is focused on what O'Connell is wearing instead... ;) JK
It would be nice though if someone has better shots they could post...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran