Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

RBH

Bartender
This shot of Dave Matthews in the remake of 'Where The Red Fern Grows'

dabney_coleman1.jpg

And a shot with Julia Roberts, wearing a pretty nice looking hat,.

davematthewsjuliaroberts.jpg

B. F. Socaspi

One of the Regulars
Dumbjaw said:
I can't believe I forgot one of my most favorite bands, The Decemberists. I've seen these folks live six times, and there's always at least two band members in hats on stage, not to mention their press photographs:

The first folks I thought of! Next came The World Inferno Friendship Society:

wifs_2.jpg

60545191_l.jpg

Monk was of course known for his eclectic, sometimes outrageous headwear.

But, in my opinion, no musician has become so associated with his chosen headwear than Lester Young. Make no mistake. At the time, a very wide brimmed, very low crowned porkpie hat on a very tall man was a profound statement: "I am different", "I am special", said Lester. "I am me."

Early

2653447185_dfc075243f.jpg

Nearing the end.

williams_ted_lester_young_newport_jazz_festival_1965_11x14_L.jpg

bk

MisterGrey

Practically Family
Dumbjaw said:
Leonard Cohen, one of my favorite artists of all time, is often seen in nice headgear:

leonard-cohen2.jpg

leonard-cohen.jpg

I think you've just eliminated my hesitation about wearing some of the bolo ties I got last Christmas.

I first heard Cohen in high school on the "Natural Born Killers" soundtrack and was astounded at the range of musical and vocal styles he's gone through over the years. He was a nice addition to my outdated musical tastes.

MattJH

One Too Many
MisterGrey said:
I first heard Cohen in high school on the "Natural Born Killers" soundtrack and was astounded at the range of musical and vocal styles he's gone through over the years. He was a nice addition to my outdated musical tastes.

He's in my top 3 artists of all time. I just scored tickets to see him at the Beacon Theatre in NYC this coming February, including VIP tickets to the pre-reception party. I'm beside myself with excitement. 1200 more tickets will be released tomorrow via Ticketmaster if anybody is interested.

Here's one of him doffing (while pinching the crown, uh-oh!):

25442236-25442239-slarge.jpg

nola89

Familiar Face
Baron Kurtz said:
Monk was of course known for his eclectic, sometimes outrageous headwear.

But, in my opinion, no musician has become so associated with his chosen headwear than Lester Young. Make no mistake. At the time, a very wide brimmed, very low crowned porkpie hat on a very tall man was a profound statement: "I am different", "I am special", said Lester. "I am me."

Early

2653447185_dfc075243f.jpg

Nearing the end.

YoungEldridge.jpg

bk

I hope you didn't miss the fact that Lester is my avatar. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko