Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

job

One Too Many
I was on Strand Hatters website and saw that they outfitted Alice Cooper and his crew with hats today. Also Johnny Depp with Alice performing together.
images30aliceandjohnny.jpg
images3.jpg
th_imagesdepp.jpg

You can see them perform on Youtube.

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
I'm with SBG on Leon Redbone. Saw him play a Christmas show about 20 years ago, and it remains one of the best shows I ever went to, and I've been to some good ones, having gone to college in Austin in the early 80s. If that's a persona he's putting on, he's pretty immersed in it, and always looks sharp as a tack. His hats are always incredible. I'm on my third copy of "On the Track," (vinyl, cassette, now CD) and it's been in my collection in high rotation since it was issued. Great stuff. Frank

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I was on Strand Hatters website and saw that they outfitted Alice Cooper and his crew with hats today. Also Johnny Depp with Alice performing together.
images30aliceandjohnny.jpg
images3.jpg
th_imagesdepp.jpg

You can see them perform on Youtube.

That is just too sweet. I'd love to be able to pull off Cooper's look, but I think I'd stop at something more grungy before it got quite that glam... ;)

Dundee

A-List Customer
We had a very good time. Later in the day a fiddler arrived and we had a wonderful time playing. He would listen to our songs once then was able to play breaks with us.

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
Hippies/Rockers with Hats

While Hippies/Rockers of the 60s and later were known more for their hair than anything else, some of them enjoyed wearing a lid on occasion. I've put up three examples here, can you think of any others?

John Lennon
JOhn+lennon+funky+hat.jpg

john+lennon+cap.jpg

lennon-hat.jpg

zzzzjohn-bday.jpg

th06.jpg

jchabalk

New in Town
Neil Young's Hat (w/ pix)

Hi there, I was hoping someone could tell me what hat this is that Neil's wearing? I've seen him wear it before and really like it.

EDIT:
Hmmm, i can't figure out why the pictures aren't showing up.

Here are direct links:
NeilYoung.png

NeilYoung2.png

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Not sure about the hat. It looks like a fairly inexpensive Panama...probably a Cubano or Cuencano. The weave appears kinda coarse in the photo, so I doubt Neil paid too much for it. Here's where you can buy one:

http://www.panamas.biz/usa.html

or

http://www.panamas.biz/cuenca.html

And although you didn't ask, please let me tell you about the guitar. I think it is none other than Hank Williams' old D-28. Maybe one of the most valuable guitars in existence.

AF

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats