Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

One of my favorites from back in the day...

JasonandtheScorchers-500x299.jpg

51Ao38%2BCdHL.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Frontman Jason Ringenberg has also had a second career doing children's music as "Farmer Jason":

fj_corn.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
Somewhere I've got a copy of Jerry Jeff's live album where they played Redneck Mother while apparently intoxicated (more than usual). At the part where they spell MOTHER ("M" is for the mud flaps you give me for my pickup truck), they spell M-R-E-A-R, with substitute lyrics like "E is for enema." Used to give me a laugh when I was a teen. Saw Jerry Jeff many times live in the early 80s, before he got clean. Even when he forgot lyrics, great band, and the most fun show in town. He was always up for playing for a charity I worked with, as was Stevie Ray. Austin was the place to be back then, for a music lover.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Somewhere I've got a copy of Jerry Jeff's live album where they played Redneck Mother while apparently intoxicated (more than usual). At the part where they spell MOTHER ("M" is for the mud flaps you give me for my pickup truck), they spell M-R-E-A-R, with substitute lyrics like "E is for enema." Used to give me a laugh when I was a teen. Saw Jerry Jeff many times live in the early 80s, before he got clean. Even when he forgot lyrics, great band, and the most fun show in town. He was always up for playing for a charity I worked with, as was Stevie Ray. Austin was the place to be back then, for a music lover.

Oh Yeah , Even before the 80s , but Austin City Limits was my Lawrence Welk . I had so may Jerry Jeff Favorites , but I loved Jerry Jeff Walker : LIVE at Gruene Hall , and his Greatest Hits , but they were all Great . Kind of a Story Teller / Poet / Singer / Song Writer / Comedian , Funny , and Fun . He could make you laugh , cry , feel , just a Great Talent .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner