Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 50th birthday present

442RCT

One of the Regulars
Jingo Mastapone said:
442RCT, what in the hell is going on with Go For Broke's left leg?? Are my eyes being crazy or is there some perspective issue or is it actually diminutive and atrophied?

The pin-up in "Non Stop" was my first attempt at copying an illustrated pin-up girl vs a cartoon. I sucked...:eusa_doh:
384127108.jpg

This is what she was supposed to look like.[huh]
384062123.jpg

Jingo Mastapone

Familiar Face
No, I wouldn't say you sucked at all. I think it turned out pretty well, actually. She just needs a bigger leg and, more importantly, more ass! Bust your paints back out and have at. Hell, make a tutorial for us.

442RCT

One of the Regulars
Jingo Mastapone said:
No, I wouldn't say you sucked at all. I think it turned out pretty well, actually. She just needs a bigger leg and, more importantly, more ass! Bust your paints back out and have at. Hell, make a tutorial for us.
If looks like you haven't seen this thread about my foray into being a jacket painter and pics of a few painted jackets after I received advice from an artist friend, he said I sucked, so he told me to: "Use better source material than a small picture. Blow it up on a copy machine to size, then trace it onto the jacket."
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=48540

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
442RCT said:
If looks like you haven't seen this thread about my foray into being a jacket painter and pics of a few painted jackets after I received advice from an artist friend, he said I sucked, so he told me to: "Use better source material than a small picture. Blow it up on a copy machine to size, then trace it onto the jacket."
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=48540

From all the originals I've seen, I think you did a great job on Go For Broke. There's nothing wrong with her at all. That's just one artist's perspective. You should have seen the pin up on my first attempt. I'm the only one that's ever seen her and that's the way it's going to stay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR