Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aviator's Fedora By Art Fawcett

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
For quite sometime I've wanted a fedora similiar to the one Howard Hughes wore during the flight tests of HK-1 & XF-11, so I contacted Art and he crafted exactly what I wanted.

All I can say is Wow!
It's amazing how a well made hat feels compared to the off the rack stuff I had before.

Thanks Art!,......... now I need something that flys faster than a Cessna 150.

frontview.jpg

Sideviewcopy.jpg

threequarterview.jpg

And something to go with the Fedora.
hatandjacket.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That is a beautiful hat. Enjoy it! Art does amazing work.

It's nice to see a hat being worn. A head animates a hat. It's nice to see how the brim reacts to being worn and how the crown proportion relates to a face.

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Your hat is awesome. Congrats! The wide ribbon makes it.
I love Art's hats. Especially the bow and brim ribbon work. I wear mine almost everyday.

Good to see he has some chocolate colored felt... hmmm... (checking bank account)

Joel

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
I'd say you're going to need a lucky pin...

... for that new lid and I have VERY good news for you. The Stratoliner pins and the DC-3 pins have just been returned to me from the foundry in Indiana. Thanks for loaning me your Strat as the model... You will be the FIRST recipient of the new FL pins... AND they're 14kt Gold over .925 sterling (just like the originals). They look FABULOUS!

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Doing it right again and again...

Absinthe_1900,

You'll be looking good, man. Looking foreward to the boxer learning

to take photographs got to see the complete look. Art very fine work again.:eusa_clap

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ohh..... I wanna see this picture -

Hemingway Jones said:

Here's one of my favorite Howard Hughes fedora pictures. :)

I love those HRH pitchers!... this one didn't come through, Hemi, can you try again for me!!!???? Thanks! -dixon cannon

I'm seein' it now!! ... and lovin' it! Thanks!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
D.N H. !!!

Absinthe, that hat is beautiful. Yep! I guess I gotta buy one! Love the jacket too - finding a good looking (that fits!) Hollywood is tough. Yes- envy is the feeling I'm experiencing at this very moment. -dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner