Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Blue Heaven

It looks...

• fine to me!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • cheap!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tealseal

A-List Customer
This will (hopefully) be a cool thread! I don't have a blue hat -- my collection seems to tend towards greys and browns, but I know that blue has an incredibly versatility. Maybe one day (after my grey customs are complete) I'll be able to grab a blue hat.

Brando11

A-List Customer
Here's my Midnight Blue VS with Black Cherry ribbon. Just a gorgeous hat and one of my favorites by far.

VS6-1.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
This will (hopefully) be a cool thread! I don't have a blue hat -- my collection seems to tend towards greys and browns, but I know that blue has an incredibly versatility. Maybe one day (after my grey customs are complete) I'll be able to grab a blue hat.

Indeed. This is my only blue hat, picked it up used from a local western store. I wear a 7 1/4 and it's a 7 1/8, but I hat it stretched and it fits me okay. It's cool for a small fedora, but I'm going to start saving for a true 7 1/4 custom with a little wider brim, maybe 2 1/4 or 2 3/8.

I've seen some awesome blue hats in some other random threads here, so I'm confident we can make this a "blue haven"!!

magruder

New in Town
Here's my Midnight Blue VS with Black Cherry ribbon. Just a gorgeous hat and one of my favorites by far.

VS6-1.jpg

THAT is a terrific looking hat! Do you find that it has good
versatility vis-a-vis coordination with earth toned outfits?
( Man, I love those colors on that hat. )
Thx.
Steve Morrisette
www. smpipes. com

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Blue hats:

Cavanagh Homburg. This hat is inky blue. Very dark and rich looking.

IMG1492-M.jpg

IMG1489-L.jpg

VS Executive in a blue smoke felt.

IMG1960-L.jpg

I do not have many blue hats and will watch to see what others post up.

Best, Eric -

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Eric, your Homburg is spectacular.
Always nice to see the rollable Borsalino, David!

For your inspection, Gentlemen, here are my three blue pieces of headgear.

Stetson Special late 1930s midnight blue

A true midnight blue felt and trimmings - it appears black under artificial light and in the shade. In direct sunlight, the actual color - the darkest possible shade of navy - is visible.

StetsonSpeciallate30smidnightblue.jpg

P1070837.jpg

Mallory 1930s heather blue

A felt that plays with the light. In the shade, it looks bluish; in the sun, it's more of a blue-gray.

Indirect light:

Mallory1930sheatherblue.jpg

Partial sunlight:

P1070816.jpg

P1040987-1.jpg

VS Powderblue w/ 22 ligne midnight blue ribbon and silver brim binding

PowderblueLITE-w-22midnightblue-1.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Your Cavanaugh Homburg is simply STUNNING. One of the nicest hats I've seen on the Lounge. Do you know the approximate age of it?

Check out post #386 here, http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?37297-The-Cavanagh-Club/page39&highlight=cavanagh, on the Cavanagh Club thread.

Thanks for the kind comments folks. I went a hunting this type of homburg after seeing the exact model hat posted by member Delectans. I believe his homburg has a richer history. He has a very interesting post on the above thread. The midnight ink colored felt with the burgandy wine colored trim is spectacular in person. I feel very fortunate to have found such a fine homburg.

Best wishes, Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch