Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Blue Heaven

It looks...

• fine to me!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • cheap!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Washington DC police have issued a warning about armed robbers targeting and stealing thousands of dollars worth of winter coats in broad daylight.

In the span of 48 hours, multiple residents were robbed of their Canada Goose and Moncler jackets at gunpoint.

Police said that three to four masked thieves wearing dark clothing approached the victims and demanded their jackets as well as other items before making off with them in a car.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12818965/DC-robbers-stealing-Canada-Goose-coats.html

Blue blazer 001.JPG Blazers 27 11 2023 003.JPG
My blazer is made to measure and wasn't cheap, but I doubt any self-respect thief would be seen dead in anything that I wear. We have a police officer in the family, one of my cousin's sons. He cracked up when I shared with him these photos, along with The Daily Mail's report.
"Any thief wearing your clothes wouldn't exactly blend in," he joked.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Bad, bad, Leroy Brown!

Washington DC police have issued a warning about armed robbers targeting and stealing thousands of dollars worth of winter coats in broad daylight.

In the span of 48 hours, multiple residents were robbed of their Canada Goose and Moncler jackets at gunpoint.

Police said that three to four masked thieves wearing dark clothing approached the victims and demanded their jackets as well as other items before making off with them in a car.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12818965/DC-robbers-stealing-Canada-Goose-coats.html

View attachment 567086 View attachment 567087
My blazer is made to measure and wasn't cheap, but I doubt any self-respect thief would be seen dead in anything that I wear. We have a police officer in the family, one of my cousin's sons. He cracked up when I shared with him these photos, along with The Daily Mail's report.
"Any thief wearing your clothes wouldn't exactly blend in," he joked.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Windsor by KcKibbin, Driscoll & Dorsey:
20231214_122251.jpg
20231214_122116.jpg
20231214_122141.jpg
20231214_122427.jpg
20231214_122519.jpg

Crown5-1/4" (open)
BrimDimensional 2-1/8" (F&B) x 2" (S) with 3/8" binding symmetric
Ribbon1-1/2"
Weight94g

Considering the frayed trailing tail on the bow and the unsewn sweatband seam this might be a pre-war hat from the 20s/30s. The hat has a bit of character but the intense blueberry blue felt was too good to pass up.

Mark (@M Hatman) has a wholesale catalog from 1931 for McKibbin featured in the ephemera thread. Unfortunately the Windsor is not listed in the catalog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner