Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Blue Heaven

It looks...

• fine to me!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • cheap!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GHT

I'll Lock Up
We went to a rather good wedding about a year before lockdown. It was second time round for both of them, how we celebrated. The main event was held in a huge marquee and guests were asked to dress in Hawaiian style. For the ceremony we dressed as requested but somewhat formerly as you can see from this photo.
wedding - Copy.jpg

My hat is, as always, bespoke. Made for me by former Lounger, Esther Weis. She took her inspiration from Stetson's Stratoliner, and what a fine job she made of it. I could have bought a Stetson but I wanted the colour so as to match my suit.
ewh.jpg
The bride sings with a band that plays my kind of music from the 1930's and 40's.
The dancing can get rather energetic, which is why I took not one, but two
Aloha shirts to wear once the formalities were over.
Strat and blue shirt 004.JPG
At the request of the bride, the hat stayed on. (just) Not easy when you are jiving.

PinchFrontKid

New in Town
There's Alot of nice Classy Gents Posting hats on this Thread so I'd thought I Share this nice Hidden Gem, Shipped and made From Great Britain: Mybro "The Graduate Hat" , i think this hat is also Connected with "Myers Brothers". I've looked on different threads but I haven't been able to find anyone else posting a Mybro Fedora, This is a Lightweight Wool hat, If someone has Knowledge of the date of this hat please pass it along to the Loungers Here, I added Some Shelac to the Brim because I like my brims Stiff and Sturdy. I remove half the Sweat band So it can fit my head better, In person this hat gives off A Blueish Grey mixture that fits just right, I Added a Feather to it and Also added a Pinch in the front to give it More Class And Style, Hope you enjoy, yours truly- "Pinch front Kid"
20230906_204324.jpg
20230906_204311.jpg
20230906_204239.jpg

20230906_203632.jpg
20230906_203611.jpg

Attachments

• 20230906_203550.jpg
    20230906_203550.jpg
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230906_204230.jpg
    20230906_204230.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Sools by Mossant or Mossant for Sools (take your pick). Fedora in blue (Bleu Oxfort according to the label - the French didn't bother to check the spelling of Oxford obviously). I have another Mossant in this colour which is very attractive. Size 56 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. Superb felt with a great hand. Not exactly lightweight at 115 grams, but certainly not a heavy felt either.

mossant sools bleu_01.jpg

mossant sools bleu_02.jpg

mossant sools bleu_03.jpg

mossant sools bleu_04.jpg

mossant sools bleu_05.jpg

mossant sools bleu_06.jpg

mossant sools bleu_07.jpg

mossant sools bleu_08.jpg

mossant sools bleu_10.jpg

mossant sools bleu_11.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sools by Mossant or Mossant for Sools (take your pick). Fedora in blue (Bleu Oxfort according to the label - the French didn't bother to check the spelling of Oxford obviously). I have another Mossant in this colour which is very attractive. Size 56 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. Superb felt with a great hand. Not exactly lightweight at 115 grams, but certainly not a heavy felt either.

mossant sools bleu_02.jpg

mossant sools bleu_03.jpg

mossant sools bleu_05.jpg

mossant sools bleu_06.jpg

mossant sools bleu_07.jpg

mossant sools bleu_08.jpg

mossant sools bleu_10.jpg

mossant sools bleu_11.jpg
That really is a vibrant colour Stefan. Aesthetically attractive too. What a connoisseur of hats you are.
Blazers 27 11 2023 003.JPG
Tina had this hat made to convince me that blue, a strong blue, is right for this blazer. She knows my milliner, sent them a copy of the blazer, they probably sent her a swatch or copy of the colour, I'm not privy to that.
She then presented me with the hat fait accompli. It's growing on me.

View attachment 566335
That really is a vibrant colour Stefan. Aesthetically attractive too. What a connoisseur of hats you are.
View attachment 566336
Tina had this hat made to convince me that blue, a strong blue, is right for this blazer. She knows my milliner, sent them a copy of the blazer, they probably sent her a swatch or copy of the colour, I'm not privy to that.
She then presented me with the hat fait accompli. It's growing on me.
Thank you, Robert. I like my blues muted. If they are contrasted, they require something equally contrasted for balance. Your hat and blazer are perfectly matched in that way. Tina was right (of course she was).

Wow, that's gorgeous! Too bad it wasn't an adult size. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy