Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Blue Heaven

It looks...

• fine to me!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • cheap!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dkstott

Practically Family
20221025_093854.jpg
20221025_093903.jpg
20221025_093908.jpg
Sterkowski Malone cap in Blue with leather trim

Dobbs Twenty in the colour Neptune (a dark blue). Size 60 (7 1/2 American) with the curled brim at 6cm (not counting the curl) and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Made under license in Germany. Probably dates from the sixties. Aside from a few small scuffs (two on the undersie of the brim and one at the pinch) it's in excellent condition and hand of the felt is beautiful. Nice shape and colour too.
Made for Breiter in Munchen.

dobbs neptune_01.jpg

dobbs neptune_02.jpg

dobbs neptune_03.jpg

dobbs neptune_04.jpg

dobbs neptune_05.jpg

dobbs neptune_06.jpg

dobbs neptune_07.jpg

dobbs neptune_09.jpg

dobbs neptune_10.jpg

dobbs neptune_11.jpg

Dobbs Twenty in the colour Neptune (a dark blue). Size 60 (7 1/2 American) with the curled brim at 6cm (not counting the curl) and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Made under license in Germany. Probably dates from the sixties. Aside from a few small scuffs (two on the undersie of the brim and one at the pinch) it's in excellent condition and hand of the felt is beautiful. Nice shape and colour too.
Made for Breiter in Munchen.

dobbs neptune_01.jpg

dobbs neptune_02.jpg

dobbs neptune_03.jpg

dobbs neptune_04.jpg

dobbs neptune_05.jpg

dobbs neptune_06.jpg

dobbs neptune_07.jpg

dobbs neptune_09.jpg

dobbs neptune_10.jpg

dobbs neptune_11.jpg
Quite nice

Mossant Castor Hudson (beaverfelt) homburg for Sools in blue called bleu mattan (matt blue). Size 56 with the brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. Doesn't get much better than this; the felt is fabulous with a great hand to it and the colour, while being distinctly blue, is still subtle. Weighs 138 grams.

mossant bleu mattan_01.jpg

mossant bleu mattan_02.jpg

mossant bleu mattan_03.jpg

mossant bleu mattan_04.jpg

mossant bleu mattan_06.jpg

mossant bleu mattan_07.jpg

mossant bleu mattan_08.jpg

mossant bleu mattan_09.jpg

mossant bleu mattan_10.jpg

mossant bleu mattan_11.jpg

Forgot to post this one here. Morreton Velrex in the colour Baltique. So it isn't black, but a very dark blue. Lovely velour with the raw edge brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 10,5 cm at the center dent. Morreton was a midtier producer with moderate prices hats, so this one is a bit of an oddity, as it is of very high quality. Weighs in at 117 grams.

morreton velrex_01.jpg

morreton velrex_02.jpg

morreton velrex_03.jpg

morreton velrex_04.jpg

morreton velrex_06.jpg

morreton velrex_07.jpg

morreton velrex_08.jpg

morreton velrex_09.jpg

morreton velrex_10.jpg

morreton velrex_11.jpg

Mossant de luxe fedora in a blue colour called orient. Size 57 with the raw edge brim at a generous 6cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. Lightweight (82 grams), unlined and vented. On this one they got everything right, even the thin ribbon works really well here. The colour is probably the main attraction though, reminds me of a Borsalino Nembo I have.

mossant orient_01.jpg

mossant orient_02.jpg

mossant orient_03.jpg

mossant orient_04.jpg

mossant orient_06.jpg

mossant orient_07.jpg

mossant orient_09.jpg

mossant orient_10.jpg

mossant orient_11.jpg

And old image of Rix Chapelier, where it was sold.

rix chapelier.jpg

Mossant de luxe fedora in a blue colour called orient. Size 57 with the raw edge brim at a generous 6cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. Lightweight (82 grams), unlined and vented. On this one they got everything right, even the thin ribbon works really well here. The colour is probably the main attraction though, reminds me of a Borsalino Nembo I have.

mossant orient_01.jpg

mossant orient_02.jpg

mossant orient_03.jpg

mossant orient_04.jpg

mossant orient_06.jpg

mossant orient_07.jpg

mossant orient_09.jpg

mossant orient_10.jpg

mossant orient_11.jpg

rix chapelier.jpg
Very nice!

mossant orient_01.jpg

mossant orient_02.jpg

mossant orient_03.jpg

mossant orient_04.jpg

mossant orient_06.jpg

mossant orient_07.jpg

mossant orient_09.jpg

mossant orient_10.jpg

mossant orient_11.jpg

rix chapelier.jpg
That thin ribbon is the perfect trimming for this hat....great look!

Allez les bleus! The French seem to have had a knack for making nice blue hats. Here's another example.
Morreton Prestige Chamois in blue (navy). Size 56 with the overwelt brim at 7cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. The proportions are spot on and the crown looks more generous than its measurements suggest. The overwelt is extremely narrow and even. The hand of the felt is nice, but doesn't scream "chamois" finish right away. You could be forgiven for thinking it was a regular felt. Its best feature by far is the glorious blue colour: not too close to black to notice and not too blue to be garish. Shows a bit darker in real life than it does on the pictures.

morreton navy_01.jpg

morreton navy_02.jpg

morreton navy_03.jpg

morreton navy_04.jpg

morreton navy_06.jpg

morreton navy_07.jpg

morreton navy_08.jpg

morreton navy_09.jpg

morreton navy_10.jpg

morreton navy_11.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Allez les bleus! The French seem to have had a knack for making nice blue hats. Here's another example.
Morreton Prestige Chamois in blue (navy). Size 56 with the overwelt brim at 7cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. The proportions are spot on and the crown looks more generous than its measurements suggest. The overwelt is extremely narrow and even. The hand of the felt is nice, but doesn't scream "chamois" finish right away. You could be forgiven for thinking it was a regular felt. Its best feature by far is the glorious blue colour: not too close to black to notice and not too blue to be garish. Shows a bit darker in real life than it does on the pictures.

morreton navy_01.jpg

morreton navy_02.jpg

morreton navy_03.jpg

morreton navy_04.jpg

morreton navy_06.jpg

morreton navy_07.jpg

morreton navy_08.jpg

morreton navy_09.jpg

morreton navy_10.jpg

morreton navy_11.jpg
1679746147633.png

That beauty would compliment my blue blazer a treat, but, or as The french might say, Sacré Bleu! 56cm? My cranium goes out to a 62, now you know why I tend to go for bespoke, however, Edward passed on a good tip.
1679746474227.png

https://www.hatcentre.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=153
The colour is called: French Navy. Hello Sailor!

View attachment 501526
That beauty would compliment my blue blazer a treat, but, or as The french might say, Sacré Bleu! 56cm? My cranium goes out to a 62, now you know why I tend to go for bespoke, however, Edward passed on a good tip.
View attachment 501527
https://www.hatcentre.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=153
The colour is called: French Navy. Hello Sailor!
There would not be enough felt in it to size it up, even with some Ignacio wizardry going on. That French Navy hat does look very good though and reasonably priced as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran