Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My boot collection

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
Since I work mostly from home and have little social life (yeah, I know, I'm pathetic) I figure this is the best way to show off my boots.

Shoepics002.jpg

These are my ATF WWII repro roughouts and my Red Wing Gentleman Travelers. Both are great boots and the ATF boots are as comfy as any pair of sneakers.

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/aaronlowefedoralounge/Shoepics003.jpg

My only engineer boots. Frye Brandos (not the most comfy in the world and I'll sell them if anyone is interested) and a pair of Indian Motorcyle boots that I lusted over at Zappos for nearly a year because they were listed at nearly $400. I found them at Indian's web site for $150.00 and snapped them up. Not a true engineer boot, but lined and very well made. I added a bit to the heel.

Shoepics005.jpg

Just a nice pair of Lucchese 2000 square toe boots. The other is a beautiful pair of Rios of Mercedes boots that are sharkskin lowers with goat uppers. For those who are cowboy boot fans, Rios makes great boots for the $.

Shoepics006.jpg

Now it's starting to get fun. The black Lucchese calf boots were some of a limited run for an online store that is now oob. Super comfy and fun with a cool rockabilly shirt. The caramel (peanut brittle is what I think the color is called) is a semi-custom pair of Buffalo Lucchese Classics. I hate the color but love the boots. Maybe I'll dye them brown.

Shoepics008.jpg

Goat Lucchese classics. The black pair are standard round toe, the black cherry pair have a chisel toe and custom heel. I wear the black cherry boots most of the time. Even wore them to Africa once on a business trip. You should have seen the looks I got.

Shoepics011.jpg

Finally, my two gems. The black pair are Lucchese Classic Caiman Belly with custom side seam covers and pulls. Just a beautiful pair of boots. The second are fully custom Tres Outlaws kangaroo boots with calf shafts. The folks at TO can do about anything you want and these were measured for me at a trunk show at Will Wyatt's in KC, KS. One of the best western shops in the US, imo. The boots fit like a second skin and I get compliments whenever I wear them. The super-needle toe is starting to become a bit dated, but they are so cool I figure I'll get another year or two out of them. Oddly enough, they cost less than the caiman Lucchese boots.

I hope you liked my humble little collection.

Aaron

filfoster

One Too Many
These boots are made for showin'

Aaronlowe: Nice footwear. I am partial to the workboots myself. Look for the threads on these here in the Lounge, and the Indiana Jones Alden boots. Many share your enthusiasm. And, of course this is a perfect place to show these.

MKB

New in Town
dr greg said:
Don't know about needle toes being 'dated', I was wearing em 30 years ago, and still would.

+1 My understanding is that the extremely pointed toe was something that was created for the cowboy movies of the '30s and '40s. I'd say that style, while not for everyone, has proven itself a lasting one. That being said, if you still feel that you can only get another year or two out of them, and you're a size 10 1/2-11D or thereabouts, please PM me for my mailing address. I can give them a good home. :D
Beautiful boots all, by the way.

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
Thanks MKB,

I'm gonna keep them and maybe give them to my son one of these days.

If you are interested, however, I do have those brown Frye Brando Engineer boots that don't fit me too well. 10.5 D. I'll entertain any reasonable offer. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou