Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My brand new Eastman Roughwear A-2 1401p jacket fit question

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
For me, nothing, I mean nothing, is more important than the fit of the jacket! If the jacket doesn't fit properly, I don't care who the maker is, how beautiful the leather is, how great the materials are, I don't want the jacket. I have purchased jackets from almost every major jacket maker except GW over the years and have been unhappy with almost all of them. It is amazing how hard it is to get a jacket that fits you like a dream. For me, even custom made jackets have been a bust! Fortunately for me, I finally found a manufacturer that made a jacket that fits me like a glove and man what a great feeling that is!
That's wonderful.......what manufacturer is it?

Dracorex

Familiar Face
That's wonderful.......what manufacturer is it?
HaHa! Well, I was hesitant to put it down because nobody is going to like it. It's US Wings! I know, I know, I know, it's not what people like here but what can you do. I've come full circle. I started off years ago with a US Wings jacket and really liked it but discovered this forum and got caught up in the jacket madness! Years later and thousands of dollars down the drain I came to the realization that the jacket I liked best and the one that had always fit me perfect was the US Wings. Sure the other jackets had out of this world beautiful leather, the hardware and materials were much better but the jackets just never fit right! So I sold them all and now all I wear is the US Wings. I guess I should clarify that I'm a G-1 man so that's really the only style jacket I wear. But I'm afraid I haven't completely got over my sickness so I still come to the lounge and lust after all the beautiful jackets.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Well, if it fits you, it fits you, whether US Wings or Himel Bros. Kind of the way I felt when I tried on my russet Vicenza Sheene for the first time last year, and then my GW/Himel Ventura less than a month ago. Not surprising a black Vicenza Sheene is on the horizon for me very soon. ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
HaHa! Well, I was hesitant to put it down because nobody is going to like it. It's US Wings! I know, I know, I know, it's not what people like here but what can you do. I've come full circle. I started off years ago with a US Wings jacket and really liked it but discovered this forum and got caught up in the jacket madness! Years later and thousands of dollars down the drain I came to the realization that the jacket I liked best and the one that had always fit me perfect was the US Wings. Sure the other jackets had out of this world beautiful leather, the hardware and materials were much better but the jackets just never fit right! So I sold them all and now all I wear is the US Wings. I guess I should clarify that I'm a G-1 man so that's really the only style jacket I wear. But I'm afraid I haven't completely got over my sickness so I still come to the lounge and lust after all the beautiful jackets.
Cool. Just please don't tell us that they're more objectively accurate/superior to all other makers, I'm exhausted from last week's argument about that...

Brettafett

One Too Many
My very first high end repro was a horsehide ELC RW27752, circa 2002. I washed in the bath tub with cool water, then let it drip dry. Once it was no longer wet, but damp, I rolled it up, squished it, squashed it and then wore it, stretching and moving. Let it dry open on a rack. Wore it often as possible.
The jacket fit me pretty well before, but after... it fit me like a glove and looked so very cool. This was THE best fitting A-2 I have ever owned. But... the sleeves did shorten a lot, approx 1.5 inches.
Thus, I had a cool looking, great body fitting jacket, with too short sleeves... so I sold it on. Been chasing jackets ever since ;)
I don't think I will ever wash a jacket again, but I may certainly try some light dampening...
Just thought I'd throw that little story in.

Dracorex

Familiar Face
Cool. Just please don't tell us that they're more objectively accurate/superior to all other makers, I'm exhausted from last week's argument about that...
My point just had to do with the fit of the jacket. The US Wings jacket fits me personally better than any other jacket I've ever owned so because of that it's always been my favorite. Other than fit, it doesn't come close to measuring up with the other jacket makers.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My point just had to do with the fit of the jacket. The US Wings jacket fits me personally better than any other jacket I've ever owned so because of that it's always been my favorite. Other than fit, it doesn't come close to measuring up with the other jacket makers.
No, I get you. I was cross-referencing another tedious thread. It is interesting that, for what is one of the simplest jacket designs going, people have immense problems getting one to fit well.

Big7

One of the Regulars
I don't know, most of the pictures I see on this forum are really nice, everyone looks really cool in their a2 jackets

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I'm not sure what to do now. Most of the people advising me to keep it, but some of you share my concerns about the fit in the back.
This jacket really feels great, the leather is like butter :) but .....
Well, I asked my daughter to take some more pictures of what I think problem areas are.
Brettafett thank you for your input, but I'm not to worried about the sleeves , I mostly care about what's going on in the back. Your sleeves look trim and awesome, now compare it to my triceps area. Will it really get adjusted with time ? I really not sure what is going on in the shoulder blades area. Is it made for wider shoulders and I'm not filling it in completely ? Also in these pictures my jacket is unzipped, there might of been a bit less slack in the back have it been zipped
http://m.imgur.com/6IH9gHq,IFGcZUW,Jlkf4mM,M6Rcziu,z8IW9GX
are you planning to sell your bill kelso?

Big7

One of the Regulars
Guys this is an old thread and yes I sold both jackets. I'm actually in the market for a new one an was thinking of another Eastman rough wear or a slim cut one. The problem is there is no place around to actually try this on and pick the one that fits the best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider