Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My cheerful discussion...

Emily C.

New in Town
This is a great post! Here are some things which make me happy;

1. Music, classical, big-band/swing, any kind of uplifting music.
2. Since I make reproductions/costumes, making a garment that fits wonderfully on my customer makes me very happy.
3. Helping others makes me happy.
4. Having friends.
5. Seeing other people happy, I love to see a person with a smile!

Have a very happy day everone!
Emily:)

Sharing!

As much as I enjoy a lot of things, sharing and teaching really make me happy. Sharing a good bottle of wine, a visit to a really fine restaurant with friends. Going to a moive and discussing it with friends. Sharing a hobbie with friends and getting to teach and demostrate how to do something like how to shave with a straight razor. Taking someone shooting for the first time, teaching them safety and basics. Sharing about fountain pens.

Learning, like from this forum, the Lounge members come up with some of the coolest stuff. Learn here share with others. It would be a curse to have the best chocolate in the world and NOT be able to share it and discuss how wonderful it is with others!

Serving others, to make a great BBQ or fine Lasagna and get to entertain friends and basically say, I am so happy to have you here that I made this and I think you're gonna love it. That is fun too.

SO the best thing to make me happy is for me to pass along what I like to others.

Sincerely,

Tin Pan Sally

HEAVENLY FIND!

Cousin Hepcat said:
a couple years back, finding "The Once In a Lifetime Find" of a quarter million 78s in a warehouse... what a sweeet moment, and a GREAT smell... (thats me after 3 days and 3 nights with minimal sleep, constantly flipping through 78s)
temp_78s_02.jpg

That's what I've always imagined heaven looks like...

3PieceSuitGuy

One of the Regulars
What makes this Aussie happy

Lots of things....

* When I wake up in the morning and my little man, he's 11 months old, is standing in his cot big smile on his face to say good morning to his daddy. He and my wife are my life! Having a child puts everything into perspective for me.

* Learning and singing a new song, and getting confident enough with it to sing it loud enough that the neighbours could hear but not enough to disturb them.

* Spending time with my family and friends. I have newfound regard for my father and begin to understand what life was like for him when I was a child.

* Hearing a song I love on the radio.

* Holding onto the values I hold dear whilst embracing the new technology that we have these days.

* Acting in Musical Theatre. I love taking on another character, and love playing roles in older musicals, where the values they present are old world.

*Finding something Vintage, winning an ebay auction.

*Dressing in one of my vintage suits or uniforms

*Reading the wonderful posts from all of you fine people. Knowing there are like minded souls out there, even if you are mostly 15 hours away on a plane. I would love to know if there are any other Australians who are members of the lounge. Maybe one day we could organise an aussie gathering and show some of the yobs how to dress.

* Some days I am just high on life because it is the only way to be

I am a lucky man.

Cheers

Peter

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Much like Greto Garbo

I hope you are not crazy enough to play the same bet five times at the craps table like a friend of mine, who then wonders why he loses or has "bad luck." Duh! :p

When I'm at the craps table I "want to be alone". I had this friend follow me to the table and tell me that I was betting too much of my money! Talk about a jinx!:fing28:

matei

One Too Many
Mr. 'H' said:
No, it's the Citation - but I'm working on getting the Akubra photos up real suit along with my new brown suit.

Think Scotty Ferguson.

Ah, that is one cool hat. I hope I'm lucky enough one day to find something vintage that has that same special "something"!

Lincsong said:
When I'm at the craps table I "want to be alone". I had this friend follow me to the table and tell me that I was betting too much of my money! Talk about a jinx!:fing28:

Let me guess you bet on the same bet seven times without adjusting the amount or hedging your bet in anyway. :rolleyes: That doesn't have to do with how much it has to do with the odds and how much sense it makes.
I hope you listened to your friend and saved yourself some money---that would have made me happy. :arated:

Regards to all,

J

Pilgrim

One Too Many
What makes me happy?

Since it's near lunch....

- A big lunch of Texas style smoked BBQ brisket
- Washed down with a cold Shiner Bock

The answer may change hourly, though.

Pilgrim said:
- A big lunch of Texas style smoked BBQ brisket - Washed down with a cold Shiner Bock
Mmmmmmmmm. BBQ Beef Brisket!

Here in Covina, southern CALIIFONIA there is a fine Tex Mex place that has some mighty fine BBQ Beef brisket> It's called "A Taste of Texas" on Citrus across from the Metro Station and they have Shiner bock too. Also the fajitas are great. Happy, Happy! Joy, Joy!

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Great Thread

I have been daydreaming for many rainy and snowy days about sitting on the back patio with my Mr. (Maintcoder) on hot summer evenings sharing cocktails, high quality cigars and cozy chit chat about the day, the news, whatever peaks out interest at that moment.

Lots of other happy thoughts too but lunch hour is over!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
When I'm on a roll I don't need;

QUOTE=jamespowers]Let me guess you bet on the same bet seven times without adjusting the amount or hedging your bet in anyway. :rolleyes: That doesn't have to do with how much it has to do with the odds and how much sense it makes.

Someone telling me; "that's too much money, he's going to roll seven, he's going to roll seven". If I needed a nag like that, I'd still be married.:cool2: He's doesn't understand what the word "gaming" means. That's why a perfect day for me is to take a long drive and hopefully end up in Las Vegas, unplanned.

GA Wildlifer

Familiar Face
Accentuate the positive

*3 1/2 year old boy-girl twins
*7 year old Duaghter
*Beautiful wife who will put up with me
*Finding a vocation rather than a job.

I concur with the posts encouraging finding work you enjoy. I was a management consultant, and a realestate manager/agent/developer, but didn't enjoy it. I went back to school in forestry and wildlife management. I often think "they actually pay me for this? I would pay them if I had to." Let's not tell them: they might take me up on it.

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
In no particular order...

**Learning something new about the 30's or 40's--which usually means I've read some really great book.
**Watching Robert Montgomery movies.
**Going for a walk, preferably in a pretty location on a pretty day, with or without good company.
**A great new outfit/good hair day
**Telling jokes
**Spending time with my chums
**Spending time with my own or other people's well-mannered children
**KNITTING!!
**Spending time with my family, especially my grandparents (he served as a Marine Raider in the Pacific theater and she married him when he came home from the war. They are soooo.... special!!!)
**Watching Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers, Danny Kaye, anything fun on Turner Classic Movies.
**Throwing a really good party
**Big Band/Swing music--total stress reliever!
**Hanging about in the Fedora Lounge!

~~Tamara

maintcoder

A-List Customer
This made me happy...

Having a great match between a new hat purchase and my new brown suit!

2006_0310_071526AA.jpg

and unlike the post where the lady was required to remove her hat, I own the joint (it's my living room!) and hats are welcome! ;)

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I figured. :rolleyes: :beer:
You sure you don't end up in the city of Mound House first, unplanned? ;) :p
I never heard of the place. I do however, find something very tranquil and relaxing about Death Valley and the desert. I find it wonderfully rejuvenating to look out over the vast exapanse of desert and gazing across the rolling hills and tumbleweeds. It's very therapeutic.A holistic approach to leaving all the troubles behind for a few moments.:cool:

The Desret & Any one ever go to Calico Ghost town?

Lincsong said:
I do find something very tranquil and relaxing about Death Valley and the desert. I find it wonderfully rejuvenating to look out over the vast exapanse of desert and gazing across the rolling hills and tumbleweeds.
We used to camp out off of the 395 perhaps 30-40 minutes outside of Adelanto. Ride dirt bikes, do some target shooting, BBQ, Drink water and beer alternately and hang out under the big awning when it got too hot. Watch the jets from Edwards and occasionally the B1 bomber making runs across the desert. The flora and fauna was always amazing and the geology even more amazing. The desert is beautiful and remarkable. Also if the yearly meteor showers were on a weekend, it was the best place to be for a view.

Now we haven't gone in a long time, but when ever I take the 15 over to Las Vegas I still get a thrill from the fantasic landscapes and geological drama on display.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda