Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Fed D finally arrived!

Wil Tam

Practically Family
IMG_0747.jpg

open crown with the hatbox, it was bashed & torn on the bottom when it arrived, :eek: thank goodness the lid was pristine though.
IMG_0755.jpg

trying it on before the bash, great fit!
IMG_0757.jpg

loose front pinch on test bash
IMG_0766.jpg

I went with a six point bash with tight front pinch
IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

I don't know why everyone had a hard time dry bashing this lid... for me it was a breeze to do & it kept it's shape easily
IMG_0777.jpg

This is a great hat ... I'm going to get one in every color now

----------------
Now playing: Audioslave - Be Yourself
via FoxyTunes

MattJH

One Too Many
Wil Tam said:
I don't know why everyone had a hard time dry bashing this lid... for me it was a breeze to do & it kept it's shape easily

I don't think anybody had a hard time once they started. I think the difficulty was the pre-crease trepidation. Very nice looking Federation!

Wil Tam

Practically Family
yup moonstone

I highly recommend this lid ... no doubt the best investment in hats for me .. being that it is my absolutely first brand spanking new in the box that I own.

I'm going to probably get a Campdraft in glen gray & another Fed D in black when it drops next month :eusa_doh:

----------------
Now playing: Pink Floyd - Keep Talking
via FoxyTunes

Goose.

Practically Family
Wil Tam said:
I highly recommend this lid ... no doubt the best investment in hats for me .. being that it is my absolutely first brand spanking new in the box that I own.]...
Carlisle Blues said:
Wil great lid.
icon14.gif
You will not regret it. ;) ;)
Cool beans Wil Tam!!! And your first NIB to boot :eusa_clap
Gotta tell ya, I held off on getting my Federation IV...but I succumbed to peer pressure. Have had it a month or so. It truly is my favorite.

And the bash is awesome! I too dry bashed my C crown without a problem. But had to dampen for the telescope hump. Curled the tail a bit (dry) and all has held over this period.

Carlise Blues is right in what he said...you won't regret it. I don't

Looks GREAT on you too!!! Congratulations Wil Tam!!!!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Nicely done, Wil! That Moonstone is a beaut, and good job with the dry bash. You're right, I found my standard fairly easy to dry bash...just was never satisfied with my work on it. Nice 6-pointer.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Congrats from another brand new Fed owner. Got mine today. Had no trouble with the dry bash right after I tried it on. Then I immediately wet bashed it. Ah loves it! Enjoy!

trailrunner

Familiar Face
Great hat Wil. I'm thinking of another Fed in that color myself. It is like I keep reading here on the Lounge, once you start buying hats...

I had no trouble dry creasing my Fed IV Deluxe, but in order to get it *just* the way I wanted it, I did have to wet it. I wanted a pretty deep diamond, that just wouldn't stay dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy